Search results

1. Chuck

Raw aluminium oxidation

I have grab rails and rod holders etc... I want to prevent oxidation on. Anyone have a process and protectant that would last a few seasons between applications? Preperation, brush on or spray on.
  2. Chuck

Head options

Looking at options for a head on my 260 Weldcraft Oceanking. It's a tinner, no cuddy, good size cabin and aft deck. Never been an issue when doing trips with the boys but need a better option for the ladies. They need to be comfortable on the boat too. Experienced thoughts are appreciated. Thanks,
  3. Chuck

Boat Camping

Past several seasons have fished Campania, Rennison, Aristazabal, Price, Milbanke, Shearwater, Hakai and at times run further south to Rivers all while boat camping. A great trip, great fishing for the most part and incredible spots on the hook for the many nights camping on the water. This...
  4. Chuck

ISO

Anyone know Sask-Catch-One? Him and his wife run a Grady White. Thanks.
  5. Chuck

VCI and Sunshine Coast women’s clinics

Has anyone had experiences with Ravensview or Sunshine Coast Woman's mental health clinics? DM if you would rather. I know it’s a reach but your reviews would be greatly appreciated!!
  6. Chuck

Boat seat

Replacing seat suspension and want to replace captain seat also. Corbin seats look really nice but 1500 bills for a seat seems a bit ridiculous. Any recommendations for a quality replacement seat? Thanks,
  7. Chuck

Ketchikan

Exploring the option to run up to Ketchikan this summer. I’d be fishing north Rupert and thinking to run up to fish Ketchikan for a couple days. Would make a visit to customs so we can do some touring around town. I’ve gone into Alaska to do Hali’s but just in and out on the boat and yes with a...
  8. Chuck

Lowrance HDS8 Gen 2

2) HDS8 Gen 2 Head units Screen cover and mounting bracket Good condition All in good working order $725.00 ea. No trades
  9. Chuck

ICON RPM Gauges

ISO 2) ICON RPM gauges same as attached pic. White background Chrome bezel Analog with digital readout
  10. Chuck

Update electronics

I have 2) Lowrance HDS8’s Gen 2 at the main helm. Thinking to update to HDS9 Live to replace sonar and an iPad to replace plotter. I see many using pads or laptops for their plotter but I’ve been told that anything other than a head unit will not be accurate for navigation. Not that I heard that...
  11. Chuck

Quality Pliers

Looking for options on a good set of pliers to use on the boat that don’t rust after a few days. Suggestions highly welcomed. Thanks.
  12. Chuck

Islander MR3

2) Islander MR3 Reels Gold $475.00 each plus shipping Excellent condition Lightly used In good working order No trades
  13. Chuck

Corrosion on tinner

Have corrosion starting under vent. What is the best practice to repair this?
  14. Chuck

First aid kit

Time to replace a first aid kit, it’s getting a bit old but the replacements I’ve looked at all look so cheap and full of Chinese made garbage. Any recommendations for a 6 person sportie fishing boat?
  15. Chuck

Wiper motor

Replaced AM 208-2001 wiper motors on my boat now wipers are jumping off the spline on the motor, especially when hit by a heavy overspray. Not a good time for the wipers to come apart. Also the constant chewing has damaged the spline on the motor as well as the spline within the wiper. A...
  16. Chuck

Sunshine Coast

With the way things are these days and bored out of my mind I’m thinking I’d get the boat ready and take it out to Sechelt and possibly up to Lund. I have never fished that area and being this early. Would there be any Springs around at this time or is it much too early? Or would anyone have...
  17. Chuck

Towing your fishing boat..

All over the coast there are many yachters/cruisers that tow their fishing boat along. I have often wondered about doing the same but never looked or chatted with any of the cruisers that do it. Cruiser is a 40’ pilot house with twin 135 Diesel engines, fishing boat is a 28’ tinner, approx...
  18. Chuck

Canadian west coast nav chart/atlas.

Looking for best nav charts or an Atlas to have in the boat. Don't want to buy the wrong info, to be used for cruising and fishing. Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!
  19. Chuck

Port Hardy

I have been searching on Navionics for an island out of Port Hardy by the name of Down Is. Not sure if that is correct spelling. Where is it if there is such an island? Thanks,
  20. Chuck

Doing a trip on your own

Can leave with zero notice and head out on my own when fish are coming through, but saying that it would seem kind of odd heading out on a trip single handed. Most aren’t able to get away that quick and heading out with guys that have little to no experience, fishing or driving pulling a boat...
Back