Search results

1. N

Fog ,Radar , Dying

Are there pilots on board the ships at that point? If so, might a call to their office provide some insight? Just wondering.
  2. N

Tapatalk

I did place a bookmark here and this platform looks good. I like Tapatalk for the ease of posting photos. I enjoy reading about the fishing north of the border. While we enjoy more tuna than you folks, you do a great job of getting out for albacore. It is my favorite fishery now off...
  3. N

Tapatalk

I try to use Tapatalk and it cycles trying to connect to server, then resets to Tapatalk and gets on a cycle again. I use Tapatalk and would appreciate it if you would update your end of the program. Thanks Randy
  4. N

Oregon Coast

I think you have received some good advice. I moor in Garibaldi, OR (30' Grady White) and have moored at Ilwaco. I've only been out of Westport once. This weekend there will be a 5' swell and 2' wind wave. That is about as good as you will get in May. June can be good, July often has the...
  5. N

Victoria Whisky Festival

Oh my, now you might have an Oregonian on the hook.
  6. N

Inflatable PFD's........rating?

To Rockfish, each season I take my inflatibles and manually inflate them through the tube and set them aside for 24 hours. If they will not hold the air they are discarded. I also have water activated strobes on each so the batteries are replaced each year. I've not routinely changed out...
  7. N

US Residents-are you coming to BC this summer?

Thanks Charlie. Great concise information.
  8. N

US Residents-are you coming to BC this summer?

The exchange rate means little, but the ferry rates to the island went crazy so I stopped coming. At about the same time I started fishing for tuna off the Oregon Coast and did little salmon. Now that I have a larger Grady coming to me I may explore where to drop in and cross over. The...
  9. N

Earthquake?

You can go to this Web site and report that you felt the EQ. Every report helps the science. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/
  10. N

Earthquake?

My phone alerted me of a 6.7 at 49.87N by 127.41 W. You folks on the NW Island OK. I hope all is well. Randy in Oregon
Back