Search results

1. Big Green Machine

Thompson River Stories: Share Yours!

My one and only Steelhead on the Thompson was caught and released on December 31, 2007 at the Y Run. Parked at the CN yard and walked down to the bank in a foot of snow. There was ice forming on the bank. Line guides kept freezing. Drifted a big Gibbs Ironhead spoon using a 10.5 rod and...
  2. Big Green Machine

Lucky Lager

Our friend Owen shared this with me: https://bc.thegrowler.ca/features/local-not-lucky-friends-dont-let-friends-drink-foreign-owned-macro-swill/
  3. Big Green Machine

Okanagan sockeye 2023

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/453111/Okanagan-Nation-Alliance-hatchery-work-key-as-salmon-run-return-10-per-cent-of-year-prior
  4. Big Green Machine

2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Tough to let a 90 go. Dropped in at French Creek on my way home and spoke to the creel surveyor there and he reported tons of Coho. Lots of hatchery ones too. Did you run into any red springs?
  5. Big Green Machine

2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Away from the armada of boats today (must be trying to get in one more day of fishing before the winds blow up on the weekend), Fish Assassin, Big Bruce and I managed to have a great day of fishing near Kitty. As always, FA was his usual kind and generous self. Landed 8 springs, and took home a...
  6. Big Green Machine

Hwy 1 to Tsawwassen via 17a

Best leave at 4 am, construction and delays on both connector and 3
  7. Big Green Machine

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Why is 200-300 too deep to fish? We fish that depth exclusively in French Creek north to CR and that is where we have the most success for springs.
  8. Big Green Machine

Happy Birthday Dave H!

Have a gooder!
  9. Big Green Machine

FishAssassin needs a Big Shout Out Right Now.

Why do the most horrific things happen to the kindest people? Take care Owen and Laura.
  10. Big Green Machine

Halibut trips for sportfishing b.c. Members

Email to you sent for a booking on March 23.
  11. Big Green Machine

Canucks 2021 Season

Zero F’s Given = Horvat‘s Line Changes
  12. Big Green Machine

Anyone Looking for a Yeti Cooler?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgZcs5Hg_gP/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
  13. Big Green Machine

Best B.C. based fishing show

Especially when he breaks out the Pro Cure scents and says it is a game changer and the guide just looks at him and thinks to himself, OK.
  14. Big Green Machine

Anyone Looking for a Yeti Cooler?

Only about a million dollars worth in the photo. Lol. Not sure how the salt would effect them, otherwise I’d take one for half price.
  15. Big Green Machine

What’s going on in Tofino?

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/high-profile-tofino-fishing-tournament-cancelled-after-inappropriate-behaviour
  16. Big Green Machine

French Creek concerns

Thank you for clarifying. I find it a little annoying when a person says they are going to file criminal charges against someone. it appears they learned of this by watching too many American reality cop shows. Police can investigate, detain but only recommend charges.
  17. Big Green Machine

WOW

Actually not US bound. They headed up the Columbia River, into the Pend O’Reille and then into their natal Canadian stream, the Salmo River. By Salmo, BC.
  18. Big Green Machine

Okanagan sockeye 2022

Exactly. Not worth my drive from Kelowna until it’s 4. Also, two hooks on a Hoochie is fine as long as they are barbless. The single barbless rule means one lure, two single barbless hooks on the lure are allowed for Interior salmon.
  19. Big Green Machine

Is area 14 closed on July 31st?

There are 15 sub areas within that region, all with different rules. Check the DFO website for up to date info. Not sure what document you are looking at.
  20. Big Green Machine

VIDEO: Men caught on camera assaulting an angler on B.C. river

Such a good point. To attempt manslaughter would mean that you would have to be trying to commit manslaughter, which is careless but accidental. If you are trying to do it, then it is not accidental, but murder. Pretty basic logic. Throwing a rock could be considered assault or reckless...
Back