Search results

1. T

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Finished installing a new diesel heater after the old one went out in a thick cloud of white smoke after sitting unused for a year. No more foggy windows! At $160 delivered I will never not have one of these in the boat. I used a portable propane heater for a couple trips while waiting for...
  2. T

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Launched in a snowstorm late yesterday morning from Pedder Bay ended up with a couple chickens just after noon. Started off with catching a large octopus which was a first for me. Just dead weight I thought I was snagged on some old gear but it was a 4' octopus. Was able to just shake it off I...
  3. T

Want 5/16th and 1 inch marine plywood Vic-Courtenay

I was getting mine from Windsor Plywood and Slegg in Langford. Different thickness though
  4. T

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Got a nice little 99cm hali yesterday mud hole area on octo. Lots of dogfish bring lots of bait if you go I almost ran out.
  5. T

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Finally was able to launch it and go fishing after discovering it had rot in the stringers and transom last March. New stringers keel transom deck(all wood replaced) fixed leak in pod, installed rear helm 2 new batteries washdown pump fuel filter etc.. This week I installed the EVA flooring and...
  6. T

BC Assessments are Out Now

Down 1.8% in Metchosin.
  7. T

WTB Seastar 1.7 hydraulic helm

I bought one of these from this guy. He shipped it no problem minimal cost ($30?). It will be installed this week so haven't used it yet but first impression it looked great.
  8. T

Rebuilding Scotty Release Clips

I had the same thing happen. Trotac had basically the same thing but made of aluminum I think they were called clamcleats maybe.
  9. T

Bauer Prawn trap question

This is what I did. I zip tied it to the bottom on the inside of the trap. Use enough ties and it doesn't move at all
  10. T

Trolling Reels - Anything New?

Had one for a few seasons now maybe 5 or 6. My favorite reel great smooth drag no creep. Going to change to paddle handles next time I get new line.
  11. T

2023 Sooke Reports

Whirl bay Sunday for a short mid day shift. Worked the 180 contour and got into a few biggest probably 8-9 lb. AP herring got the shakers cuttlefish hootchie with every color on it got the others.
  12. T

2022 Sooke Reports

Was out Saturday mid day in Becher Bay. So many Grey whales and sealions in the bay, incredible. Salmon were biting right on the bottom. AP 3" herring and a green/white skinny G with about a third of the paint left on it were getting the bites. Good times!
  13. T

2022 Sooke Reports

Managed to get out Sunday for a short shift 10-12. Found one spring from the first tideline out from Trap shack. 64' on a white hootchie with a green stripe. Stomach full of herring
  14. T

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

80cm maybe 17-18 lb
  15. T

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Was out Friday. One at Camper and 5 at Walbran. One double but pretty much spreadout through the day. Bait and spoons pretty much even but biggest (80) was on bait.
  16. T

2022 Sooke Reports

It was probably 40-50% hatchery. They were everywhere jumping and whole schools finning as far as you could see.
  17. T

2022 Sooke Reports

I'm not good at estimating weight but I'd say maybe around 8-9 lb?
  18. T

2022 Sooke Reports

I did the 5:30-7:30 pre work fish this morning. Started at Trap Shack had a spring first pass and then it turned into the Coho show. They were stacked in there from the trap to Becher Bay. Lost count of how many, couldn't keep a rod down at times. Ended the day with 3 springs total to the boat...
  19. T

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Was in Esperanza last week fished mon-wed. Monday went North to Mushroom (I think thats what it was called) for salmon and then went out a bit for Ling. Managed to net a 20 that was following a smaller one my buddy brought up. Tuesday fished low rock for salmon did well there. Then drifted for a...
Back