Search results

1. S

Looking for a 6/8 HP 2-stroke Yamaha Outboard Upper Cowl (Hood)

Are you on Vancouver Island? Have you got an older 6 or 8 HP Yamaha 2-Stroke Outboard collecting dust in the corner of your workshop? I need the upper cowl for one, any condition, as long as It’s fixable. I’ll take the whole motor off your hands if you prefer…
  2. S

SOLD - Restored 1986 Yamaha 8HP Two-Stroke Short Shaft (8SJ)

This outboard has been completely stripped down to the last nut and bolt, cleaned up, repainted and totally rebuilt to factory specs using as many Yamaha OEM parts as possible, and aftermarket or rescued parts were used when OEM parts were found to be unavailable. I rebuild these small Yamaha...
  3. S

FOUND - 6 or 8 Yamaha 2-stroke for winter rebuild project or parts

FOUND !!! Do you have an older Yamaha 6 or 8 HP two-stroke (1985 to 1996) cluttering up your workshop? I’m looking for one to rebuild as a winter project, or use just for parts. I can make pick ups between Campbell River and Nanaimo. Running or not, I’ll pay up to $300 cash depending on...
  4. S

SOLD - Yamaha 8 Long Shaft 2-Stroke - $1500 OBO

Just finished my winter (spring and summer) rebuild project - it’s a 1994 Yamaha model 8MLHS. It was totally disassembled down to the last bolt, and rebuilt, using OEM parts as much as possible. This motor comes with a list of all the parts that were replaced, a reprinted owner/operator manual...
  5. S

SOLD - 1987 YAMAHA 115 HP Two-Stroke Parts Available

I spent some time dismantling/cleaning the parts from this low-time motor, and have almost all the parts available, from flywheel, starter, carbs, block, crankshaft, pistons, tilt/trim, gear case and almost everything in between. All parts have been properly cleaned, bolt holes have been...
  6. S

Found!!! ISO your old 6 or 8 HP Yamaha two-stroke

I'm looking for a complete Yamaha 6 or 8 HP project outboard to completely rebuild over the winter months. Can pick up anywhere between Duncan and Campbell River. Or, I can rebuild yours for the price of the parts it needs. Will disassemble, inspect, provide a complete list of parts required...
  7. S

SOLD - Fly Fishing Equipment

I have the following fly fishing equipment for sale: Trout Net - $5 Fly Fishing Vest - $50 Sage 2-piece 9’ 6” Fly Rod and Case - never used - (See Rod Case End Cap Photo for details) $275 Fly Reel with Extra spool - never used - with line - $50 3 Partial spools of various monofilament line...
  8. S

WTB - Leg extension kit...

l'm looking for a used Bay Mfg Leg Extension kit (#801) to fit a 1984 to 1996 115 hp 2-stroke Yamaha. I need to get my prop down a little deeper.... These kits are still available new from Bay Mfg, but they are somewhat pricey, even more so when when you add in the dollar exchange, shipping...
  9. S

Sold - Trailer tires for sale - Comox

Two - Goodyear Marathon Radial ST175/80R 13 Load Range C Trailer Tires with less than 500 kilometres on them. $50 each / $75 for the pair.
  10. S

Used Stainless Steel Railing

***SOLD*** 1" Stainless Steel Tubing and Fittings. Measures approximately 75" Wide, 23" Long and 7.5" Tall. Was removed from the stern of my project 17.5 Double Eagle, and is in reasonable condition- although I have not tried to disassemble it. As is, $35 OBO. Located in Comox.
  11. S

Marine Insurance Query

Ok - I've just about got my 17.5 Double Eagle rebuild ready for the water, and I was wondering which Marine Insurance Provider on Vancouver Island is used by the majority of forum members...
  12. S

Transom Savers for Podded Boats...

I have a 17.5' Double Eagle with a 115 Yamaha 2-stroke hanging off a pod. I've seen all sorts of "transom savers" on the 'net, but I'm really not sure that any of them were ever designed for use on a podded boat. Any suggestions for methods/devices for safely securing and stopping the 115 from...
  13. S

RESTORED - 1989 Yamaha 9.9 Two-stroke Long Shaft - FOR SALE

ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD - thanks for looking. Completed the Winter Project. Completely dissassembled to the last bolt. All bolt hole threads re- tapped and chased. Reassembled with all new Yamaha parts throughout - piston rings, seals and gaskets, impeller, etc. Anti-seize compound used throughout...
  14. S

Looking for Yamaha 9.9 parts

Greetings all - I've been busy restoring a 1989 Yamaha 9.9 two-stroke to factory new condition as a winter project, and need some parts to finish it up. If you happen to have - or know of where I can find - a 1984 to 1995 9.9 or 15 horsepower two-stroke parts motor, I could use the...
Back