Search results

1. Pineapple Express

Looking for firewood vendor recs - btwn Nanaimo & Duncan

I'll be over on the Island on Wednesday for a quick daytrip. Looking to fill my truck with dry firewood while over there. Anybody got any recommendations between Nanaimo - Duncan?
  2. Pineapple Express

New Motor from Honda: BF350!

Honda's new BF350 was just officially announced today. https://marine.honda.com/outboards/models/highpower/BF350 Mount it up on anything less than 22ft for the @Stizzla seal of approval!
  3. Pineapple Express

Boat Launching in Horseshoe Bay (Sewells Ramp)

Anybody got any tips for launching a boat at Horseshoe bay for a day of fishing? I called Sewells and their ramp is open 24hrs a day, launching is $12. But they don't have parking. I thought I could just launch early and park in the 3hr parking on the street but all the signs say no...
  4. Pineapple Express

Where to buy Racor filter and fuel lines in Vancouver area?

As the title states, I'm looking for where to buy a Racor filter and fuel line and fittings in the Vancouver area. I'm redoing the fuel system on my project boat.
  5. Pineapple Express

Illegal Boat Launching - Spanish Banks Dog Beach - June 23

Just found these pics on Reddit...another white Ram stuck on a beach
  6. Pineapple Express

Upholstery Recommendations? Vancouver area

Looking for recommendations for marine upholstery in the Vancouver area. Simple job...I need a new bow cushion and helm bench seat for a 13ft Whaler. Preferred colour is teal/green vinyl.
  7. Pineapple Express

Islander Delrin Paddle Handles - MR3 style vs TR3 style

Are the handles transferable between the MR3 and TR3? Has anybody run the TR3 handles on an MR3? Looking at photos online it appears that the TR3 handle is a bit larger, and has a hollowed out middle section where the handle shaft is visible. Lemme know your thoughts
  8. Pineapple Express

FREE!! Approx 3yds of river rocks for landscaping. Located in North Van

Bought these rocks from a local landscape outfit a couple of years ago. Change of plans and they've gotta go. Easy driveway location to back in pickup truck or trailer. Approx half in the upper terrace, other half is on the driveway level. You load them up yourself. Please contact me by...
  9. Pineapple Express

Rescue operation near Cape Flattery: Tuna troller presumed sunk

CBC article reporting a missing vessel and two missing crew. One crew member rescued. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/missing-fishermen-washington-1.5682151 Looks like maybe this was the vessel: https://www.nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Arctic_Fox.php...
  10. Pineapple Express

Islander MR3 Maintenance & Wear

I recently bought a used MR3...the guy said it was a spare reel that got little use, and the outside cosmetic condition was very, very good with only a few tiny nicks. I'm sure that I'll contribute many more nicks in my ownership. Anyway, I bought a maintenance kit (oil & grease) and thought...
  11. Pineapple Express

WTB: RED Islander MR3

Looking to buy an RED Islander MR3. Not in a rush. Please let me know if you have one to sell or come across one for sale online. I'm in NVan. Will pay shipping if required Feb 2021 edit: doesn't have to be ported...any red MR3 will be considered
  12. Pineapple Express

WTB: Scotty Rodmaster Rod Holders

I'm looking for two basic rod holders like the Scotty Rodmasters. Pick up in the Vancouver area. Anybody removed the rod holders from the downriggers and got these kicking around? Like this or similar: http://scotty.com/product/no-358-rodmaster-ll-with-boom-clamp/
  13. Pineapple Express

Choosing a flasher

I wanna know how you guys choose a flasher. I've been fishing with riggers for about 5 years now and I've been steadily increasing the number of flashers I've got. Each time I buy a new one there's a sticker that entices me like "moonjelly" or "double glow" or "guide series" or some other...
  14. Pineapple Express

Gaffs

I need a gaff. I'm planning to buy the Peetz gaff, but before I do I thought I'd check what the consensus is about gaffs. Is there a favourite shape/bend to the hook portion? Some other good quality product that I should consider? I see Scotty makes a stainless gaff too, but for similar cost...
  15. Pineapple Express

When do Shiners usually come back in to marinas? (Fishing with Kids)

When I was a kid we used to go fishing for shiners every weekend when the family was around the water. I've been out with my own kid a few times this winter and couldn't find any shiners! I googled and it seems that over winter they go deeper or further offshore, but nothing I've found...
  16. Pineapple Express

Area 29-7 Fishing Poachers

A few weeks ago I was working at the coal port at Roberts Bank. I was near the water and noticed a boat sitting right in the kelp just off the beach of the terminal, and while I was looking at the boat I happened to see one of the occupants bring a large rockfish aboard the vessel. The guy...
  17. Pineapple Express

Vancouver Area: Best Place for Fencing & Landscaping Lumber Materials

I've got a bunch of fencing and landscaping to do. Some of the fencing will be fiddly stuff so I just need to buy loose boards and posts, and other fencing will be posts with pre-fab panels. Pressure treated posts and cedar boards and posts. I also need some pressure treated 4x6 landscape...
  18. Pineapple Express

Reels....Explain the differences to me...Islander, Amundson, Trophy, etc

I currently fish with Diawa M-One UTD 400 reels which seem to work OK. I'm wondering about the more "premium" reels like Islander, Amundson, Trophy, etc What are the differences between the Islander models (MR2, MR3, TR3, MR2LA, etc). How do the Islander models compare to the Amundson and...
  19. Pineapple Express

Happy Birthday RainCity!!

Happy Birthday RainCity!
  20. Pineapple Express

Quietest Kicker in the 9.9/15 High Thrust Category

Thinking about buying a kicker and trying to do some research before the boat show. What kicker is quietest in the 9.9/15hp category? The Yamaha 9.9HT has the lowest gear ratio, but does this mean you have to run the motor at higher RPMs? The Honda has the biggest displacement and lowest...
Back