Search results

1. Airon

Port McNeil tides

Any suggestions for accurate current tables for Port McNeil area? Such as off Pulteney Point? Not sure about Navionics as it seems a bit inconisistent when compared to Port McNeil tide tables, is there some sort of correction that can be added to a nearby current table?
  2. Airon

Automatic Bilge Pump issues

I've had three different Rule automatic bilge pumps The automatic 750GPH http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/marine-and-rv/rule-electric-submersible-pumps/rule-750.htm With all three, after a few years they get stuck on and won't switch off in auto mode, have tried cleaning but all relatively...
  3. Airon

Seals effects

Interesting article, perhaps already been posted before From the Globe and Mail:Seals, sea lions devastating West Coast salmon runs -...
  4. Airon

Help with drive from Campbell River to Dent island

Anyone driving north by boat from Campbell River to Dent island area near Sonora?? Better to stay in Johnston straight or head around cape mudge? How bad are the rapids at hole in the wall?? Okay to run through anytime in 24' hewescraft?? Best to check Johnston straight weather or north of Nanaimo
  5. Airon

One side trailer brakes hot

Tandem axel trailer with surge brakes, both drums on one side only ever get warm, both drums on other side get smoking hot. Definitely drums, not bearings. All brake assemblies have been disassembled and checked, and adjusted, all work fine when tested individually when jacked up and break away...
  6. Airon

Basic gear questions

For spoons, is it typical to have separate leaders with a snap clip or individual leaders tied on each spoon? Best way to clean spoons? Best way to put new hook on spoons, the hooks you can open up and crimp on or a split ring to a standard hook??
  7. Airon

Outboard Maintenance

Okay, I'm sure this has been reviewed before but couldn't find it. I have two newer 4 stroke 115hp Yamaha's and they just passed 100hrs since last service, did leg and engine oil as well as oil filter and Racors, the manual says items such as impellers, spark plus and some other items should be...
  8. Airon

Ladner Boat Launch Hours

Have searched this forum and internet and can't seem to find any hours for the Wellington Point Park Boat Launch in Ladner, When do the open and close the gate each day? Am hoping to get an early start on Saturday and counting on that gate being open before 7am
  9. Airon

Ice and bait in N.Van on Sunday

Any suggestions for bait/ice on Sunday in North van
  10. Airon

Downrigger for coho

Is it best to have riggers for coho or just surface lines with weights? How shallow can you go with a rigger and not be too close to boat/motor noise with minimal line trailing behind clip Do you let extra line out behind clip when shallow?
  11. Airon

Shuswap Around Chase

Headed up to Chase for the weekend and bringing the boat up to do some fishing, and suggestions of good spots to start near Chase? Is it worth fishing Little Shuswap or should I head into Shuswap?
  12. Airon

Multiple Rods on single downrigger

Every time I attempt to run two rods on a single downrigger I end up with a complete cluster &@#$ sometime during the fishing day, why is this, any tricks to fish two lines on a single rigger?
Back