Search results

1. Resinrider

Customize Your Lures

Nicely done! I think the Mad Madi is gonna serve you well!! Never thought of putting an eye on the flasher, but Im gonna try that too!
  2. Resinrider

Best Fish finder/Plotter

Keep your Garmin for a depth sounder. Get a cheap 7" Android tablet and download the standard Navionics app. for less than $20. You only need the HD Navionics app for larger screens and it is much more $$. The detail on the Navionics app is far better than anything you will get on a...
  3. Resinrider

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Died off after about 10am this morning but good action before that. not sure how the evening has been
  4. Resinrider

Line Abrasion from Algae

Nanaimo for sure.
  5. Resinrider

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Not a single Pollock yet for me...Just a whole lot of that nasty line snot. Makes the last reel in of the day an arduous affair, but Im not complaining...best fishing I've ever had, right at our doorstep!!
  6. Resinrider

Service/maintenance on Amundson TMX5 reel

That was the ticket! My shaft was bone dry...a common problem with middle aged fisherman!! hehe :eek::eek:
  7. Resinrider

Thanks Curtis.. Good info! I definitely don't get 50 days fishing a year, but i'll pull the spool and grease up the spindle :D
  8. Resinrider

Wanted to do a little service on my TMX5 but couldn't find any info anywhere. Anyone know where to find maintenance info for these things. There's nothing wrong with it , but figured there must be some general maintenance that can be done to keep them running smooth.
  9. Resinrider

Cleaning spoons

Wash them in fish blood....of course!
  10. Resinrider

Amundson MSR05 reel

You could attach a Scotty release clip on a short leash from the downrigger boom . Clip it to your line just above the reel. Set drag where you want it to fight a fish, and clip the release to the line to prevent creep. It will pop when a fish hits or when you pick up your rod. I have seen...
  11. Resinrider

17' boler trailer $9800 obo

Thanks RossP.. It is a beauty...will be sad to see it go. If anyone knows of someone looking for a great little trailer, please pass on the info.
  12. Resinrider

Sand Lance Spoon

Can be purchased as shown http://shop.sitka.ca/sand-lance-spoons/
  13. Resinrider

Looking for an 18 to 20 foot boat

That little Malibu would fly with a 150 on it!! 50MPH?? Can't beat the low hours on that motor too!! Remember, you are pretty much just paying for the motor......the boat attached is just a bonus. All those other boats had 2 stroke older motors.... I would go for this one!
  14. Resinrider

rollers or bunks

I have seen rollers in the front and bunks in the back on some of the new Roadrunner trailers. I like this set up because the main weight of the motor is supported by the bunks at the back, but when launching the back end floats off the bunks and the front rolls right off the rollers.
  15. Resinrider

17' boler trailer $9800 obo

Time to sell our retro Boler trailer. We have had years of great memories in this trailer, but are spending more time boating now that the kids are older, so its time to let it go to a new family. 17' unit with washroom 3 way fridge Propane heater Tons of storage Sleeps 4 comfortably and a full...
  16. Resinrider

Brand new guy looking to purchase

I purchased my boat this time of year, and I had trouble getting to see boats before they were snatched up. If a boat is priced right ,it will be gone! I don't thing the asking price will go up that much, but with so many more people looking for boats this time of year, there is a lot less...
  17. Resinrider

Misc gear and tackle

Chromatose, sent PM for items in top photo ( CJs) , and 4th from top photo (spoons)
  18. Resinrider

New boat decals

'Bong Water' haha! My old boat was the Chum Bucket.. sold that one and the new owners changed the name to "something a little more dignified" I believe is how they worded it!
  19. Resinrider

Fishing out of Nanaimo

Yep.. washed lures all day today.. Good and clean now! Not a nibble today!
Back