1. R

How to refinish my filleting board

Tried that too. No success either.
  2. R

Tried that. No success
  3. R

Where did you get the 12%? That would be great to use.
  4. R

Butcher friend suggested using a sharp paint scraper then bleach. Lots of options to try. Just don’t want to ruin it if possible.
  5. R

Not there yet. Would do butcher block before cedar if I go to wood.
  6. R

It didn’t melt it? That was my concern that it would just turn into goo on the sanding discs.
  7. R

My filleting board needs a tune up. I scrub and bleach it but the grey/black is winning. Any suggestions?
  8. R

Mosquito creek marina

Schooner Cove marina is undergoing a major change too. Their end goal is to have moorage and fuel for larger vessels only as they don’t make enough out of the smaller fishing type boats. Smaller boats are too much work for not enough money to them. They plan on eliminating the smaller slips...
  9. R

Zebellos August 2024, What can you tell me about it?

Towed my 24’ aluminum to Fair Harbour last August to do a trip at Kyuquot. Won’t do it again. While I didn’t break anything it was a long, slow dusty tow. I fish Esperanza every year and run up from Gold River. Even if I go back to Kyuquot I will just run up from Gold River. Way easier...
  10. R

Right rod to rocks/shore

Tight fit between the green can and the closest red can😎
  11. R

Right rod to rocks/shore

And we haven’t even got into the conversation of the guy with the “right of way” who is trolling along a contour line at a certain depth as they start to go around a point and another boat is coming along the beach the other way. That’s where the “right rod to the beach” really makes more sense...
  12. R

2023 Brown’s Bay Reports

It was a little lean in the hatchery coho production department but the event as always was well run and the laughs were plentiful. The winning (and only hatchery fish landed) tipped the scale at 1.8 lbs. Hats off to the gang at Browns Bay for pulling this off in spite of DFO dropping this...
  13. R

2023 Brown’s Bay Reports

We are still going to support the cause but …. Fawk DFO. Absolutely insane how they dance us around like puppets.
  14. R

Brown's Bay

More DFO ********. Absolutely no need of this closure on this date. They know who this affects and are literally sticking their middle finger in a few of our faces and calling it conservation. Maybe we can each shoot a sea lion and be allowed to retain 1 chum. That might actually help the...
  15. R

Brown's Bay

It’s a bit bleak boys but the live music and beer will likely lessen the pain.
  16. R

Bamfield Road Status

Drove the road today from Port to Headquarters turnoff. All I can say is wow. Last time I drove that fast on that road was over 40 years ago and I was likely well liquored up.
  17. R

Brown's Bay

Who’s going to tell your stories Matt? This sucks when work interferes with play😎
  18. R

2023 Campbell River Reports

I’m with you. More DFO confusement by changing regulations on Oct 1 for no real purpose. The reality is that the bulk of all coho we catch now in the Gulf come from hatchery brood stock. If they want to keep it simple for (ahem conservation purposes) allow 1 coho a day any type. How many...
  19. R

Right rod to rocks/shore

I personally love watching people coming towards me that don’t understand RRTS or more importantly the Collision Regulations. I just keep following my tack with the right away and if they continue to try to squeeze me outside I maintain my course and speed until we are bow to bow then take my...
  20. R

2023 Brown’s Bay Reports

Too early for them.
Back