Search results

1. Big lefty

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just back from Bamfield. 84 km of gravel road. Graders were at work. Some rough patches, but most or the road was fairly good. Got a good mix of coho and chinook. Largest chinook 19 lb, and one coho 17 lb. tried to release smaller fish under 8 lbs. brought home 24 salmon and two halibut a 12lb...
  2. 87DF4556-EC76-44CB-BA49-09DFAE4F52FE

87DF4556-EC76-44CB-BA49-09DFAE4F52FE

3. E8A435B0-2244-4EC8-B89B-E4276C57F1C7

E8A435B0-2244-4EC8-B89B-E4276C57F1C7

4. Big lefty

Sockeye in Sproat

Lots running up this morning. Very cool. I’m heading up tomorrow. Any key info on how to catch these before they head up river?
  5. Big lefty

Big Bank Question

How did things go for you? Did you make it out there to big bank, or did you find some halibut in closer? I’m leafing for Bamfield Monday
  6. Big lefty

2018 Alberni Inlet Reports

I have fished for sockey in a local lake and people use small pink hoochies with glow head and troll slow. With several dummy flashersattached to Downrigger with flasher and hoochies above dummy flashers. How long of a leader, is common?
  7. Big lefty

So, when trolling out on the banks, like big bank, rats nose. say water depth is 180-200’ are fish usually.near bottom, of in the upper half of the water column? Is this part of the highway?
  8. Big lefty

2018 Ucluelet Reports

I will be there Monday also, first time to bamfield/ ukee. I’m super excited. I will b in the blue thundered with a hardtop. Tight lines.
  9. Big lefty

Thanks, I see some gravel humps about 8-11 miles out from cape Beale light house. Is it better to anchor , or just drift with the tide. I usually anchor while fishing for halibut while in the straights. Constance, hein , middle banks.
  10. Big lefty

Heading up Monday for my family’s first trip. Looking forward to a good week of fishing. I think I will be able to figure out the salmon part, but any helpful hints for halibut, other bottom fish would be greatly appreciated.
  11. Big lefty

Rivers and Hakai trip this Summer!

Any updates, have an opportunity to go to rivers inlet at legacy lodge in early august. Any report would be greatly appreciated
  12. Big lefty

Victoria Reports 2015

Lure choice Just wondering if anybody makes any significant changes to this salmon fishing arsenal with the murky water out there?
  13. Big lefty

Halibut anchoring ????

Lots of valuable info in this thread. Big thanks go out to those with experiences on the water both good and bad. Makes my decision to stay home this coming weekend much easier. Memorial Day weekend looks much better. Safety first.
  14. Big lefty

2014 Picture

Orca My wife got this photo while we were fishing off of Pender.
  15. Big lefty

Victoria Reports 2015

Got my first halibut on Sunday, 36 lbs. Hali and chips tomorrow.
Back