Search results

1. zurk

anyone got any experience shipping boat parts to europe/uk ?

have a pallet of boat parts - roughly 400kg - all used - i need to ship to the uk for personal use/temporary admission. i bought a pallet jack to move em, plastic pallet to ship them on and got fedex to quote airfreight on them. but anyone know what i should put down in the customs forms and...
  2. zurk

Boat bedding options ? Opinions needed.

so i need to select between 5" hybrid (2" hard foam, 2" soft foam, 1" memory foam) vs 4" latex foam for my berth king sized mattresses. Both are roughly the same price. Anyone have any preferences ? Both will go over marine ply. Also i am thinking to delete 1 bedroom (i have 2 king sized and 1...
  3. zurk

anyone need a full pre-purchase boat hull survey on a fiberglass boat hull for free in greater vancouver area ?

if youre buying a boat and want a free ~4-6 hr survey done on a weekend can you let me know ? completely free anywhere in the greater vancouver area upto abbotsford. i'm picking up mine so i need some practice on fiberglass hulls before then. will be surveying with digital moisture meter...
  4. zurk

Reusing BC boat license numbers

So i had an old inflatable 10 years ago with a BC # which i sold off. Just wondering where I can title a new RIB with the same numbers and if i should just renew them or should i bother getting a whole new set of license # for the RIB. RIB is bought brand new so no issue with tax etc just...
  5. zurk

Complete rebuild/teardown on outboard motors every 5 years.

How many of you here do a complete motor rebuild/teardown every 5 years ? I have a 2018 Yammy F115LB which works like new but I see the 5 year recommended service mark is coming up so it needs a head gasket replacement, VST filter replacement, water pump replacement, injector cleaning etc. Looks...
  6. zurk

Secret boat fuel causing cancer coming to a marina near you.

Chevron's new "environmentally friendly" plastic waste to boat fuel : https://www.propublica.org/article/epa-approved-chevron-fuel-ingredient-cancer-risk-plastics-biofuel Secretive risk assessment to go with it ...
  7. zurk

Weird prop experience

Has the boat out yesterday and hit a log. after hitting i could feel a change in the motor and WOT RPM dropped to 5700. ran it for another 30 miles and anchored. then i raised the motor and rotated the prop and i could see one blade had a small bump in it and was out of whack compared to the...
  8. zurk

Best way to protect large fiberglass boats ?

Moving from aluminum to glass for the next boat. whats the best way to store it when not in use ? im going to be dumping it on land when not in use in Mediterranean climate (99% sunny). for my aluminum i drop a large canvas tarp on it which works well. whats the same equivalent for fiberglass ...
  9. zurk

Webminar for Starlink yacht integration

Anyone interested in integrating starlink on your boat ? https://forum.peplink.com/t/webinar-oct-19-2022-starlink-with-peplink-(us-emea-region)/633d0d1da274ab6969b17ff2/ free webminar.
  10. zurk

Anyone did anything fun for Canada Day 2022 ?

I took my bike over to Bowen for some ebiking. Did the lake loop. Had some swordfish at the french cafe downtown. Recommended.
  11. zurk

New boat build - 40 foot catamaran for end of 2022 delivery.

So im gonna keep my existing boats and add a boat to my boat fleet. and this one is gonna have 8 screens from the get go with provision for 6 more. ive basically taken over an existing build from a guy who ran out of money. its still in pieces so totally customizable. Will post a couple of pics...
  12. zurk

Anyone heard of Jasper Marine ?

anyone know if they do good work in terms of welds etc and if their boats are any good ? They are located in Gibsons aka sunshine coast.
  13. zurk

anyone got a kvaser leaf with nmea 2000 ?

Looking for a kvaser leaf i can borrow for 15 mins or so if yours has an nmea 2000 plug. or if you know any dealer which has it. thanks.
  14. zurk

Rejected boat buyer flipped out on craigslist

Dude offered $75K and I said nah but i can give it to you for $78K and then he went a bit postal. Check it out for a laugh - https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/boa/d/maple-ridge-beware-1825-kingfisher/7368915562.html Craigslist boat buyers cant be beat.
  15. zurk

Sold boat -- buyer refuses to register with transport canada to change the registered info

So i sold one of my old boats but the new buyers said that he wont transfer the registration with transport canada/pleasure craft centre and refused to mail in the completed paperwork (he doesnt want to pay sales tax). i have copies of bill of sale and stuff. Anything i can do about it ? seems...
  16. zurk

Cam latch on bilge door broke off

Like WTF the handle corroded off and the bilge hatch wont open. anyone found a good replacement for these obviously crappy cam latches kingfisher uses on their bilge area ? on an unrelated note the handle broke off here : at least BC has some nice sandy beaches, lol.
  17. zurk

Any local builders in BC can handle building a 50 foot sailing catamaran from plans ?

Looking to get a 50 foot aluminum sailing cat build done. Any builders handle it locally for a boat that size including stepping mast etc ? I have the plans and CAD files. Looking to get it welded in 1/4" aluminum or thicker if possible.
  18. zurk

2020 boating season is officially over...

now that its too cold to fire my kicker, its too cold to go boating.104 hours this year. :eek:
  19. zurk

McDonald Park in Richmond considered salt water ?

Is McDonald park just off the airport considered salt water or fresh water ? i only have a salt water license.
  20. zurk

Good TIG welder in Vancouver or surrounding areas ?

Anyone know a good TIG guy in lower mainland who can do TIG on 0.125" aluminum ? Trying to get a quote on hard top fabrication/conversion for my Kingfisher boat.
Back