Search results

1. zurk

Starlink

works well.
  2. zurk

Mercury Smartcraft - Communications Error

swap port and starboard batteries. either that or its the ECU or bad wire. hopefully its just the battery. ECU is expensive and cables are a pain to find a bad ground.
  3. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

https://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/details/mercury-approves-lithium-ion-cranking-batteries-for-all-current-models-138426/ welp youre in luck i guess. ironically relions are really sh*tty lifepo4s so i would advise ignoring the mercury manufacturer recommendation. haha. Mercury Updated...
  4. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

unless it was directly caused by the lithiums mercury wouldnt care. same as if you replaced the lead acid in your car with AGM or repainted the car or something it should not affect your engine warranty. i took my yammy in for warranty service connected to a dakota lithium and the mechanics...
  5. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

thats a suggestion to use AGMs not a mandate. eventually that guidance will change as lithium becomes more common. anyway the lithiums have 1000CCA so they exceed the technical spec required in the manual even if they are not AGM. and they have around 860% more amp hours than are required.
  6. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

thats a bit different than claiming its a govt reg. the reason you did it is to reduce stress on the starter lead acids which get stressed when cranking the starter due to the fact they arent deep cycle. that no longer applies with lithium systems. absolutely nothing to do with redundancy since...
  7. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

bms will cut out. battery is fully sealed.
  8. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

i've sprayed mine with saltwater several times by accident . no issues. they are fully sealed. i have an electric kayak with a dakota on it which gets subject to spray often. gorilla tape and nooxid on connectors.
  9. zurk

anyone got any experience shipping boat parts to europe/uk ?

have a pallet of boat parts - roughly 400kg - all used - i need to ship to the uk for personal use/temporary admission. i bought a pallet jack to move em, plastic pallet to ship them on and got fedex to quote airfreight on them. but anyone know what i should put down in the customs forms and...
  10. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

literally the same setup i have in my kingfisher. one battery to motors and house. it simplifies the wiring greatly and i have far less problems (actually zero) with it than i had with the house/starting split it came with originally. turns out if you throw out a bunch of useless wiring and have...
  11. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

you have a common negative bus anyway which is non isolated. for true redundancy you would need 2 separate buses which you dont have. one battery on a single bus is as redundant as 2 batteries or 4 on a single bus. the same fault can take all of them out.
  12. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

can you post a link to the regulations ? all it says under construction standards is the weight under table 4-1 which are based on one battery per motor. https://ccga-pacific.org/files/library/TP1332-E-FINAL-v2.pdf also checked the 2010 which are the latest -...
  13. zurk

Wiring/Charging Question

ditch the overly complicated setup and battery weight. rip out all 4 batteries, install one battery wired to both alternators. plug everything into the one battery and be done with it. you can remove everything except one switch and put in a blue seas dualbus hub to replace the spaghetti mess of...
  14. zurk

Aluminum sheet cutting

oh and dont forget to cutlist optimze your panel cuts so you dont waste material. if youre using multiple sheets and have predefined cutting areas a good cutlist optimizer can minimize your material loss to < 10%. this cost me < $500 to cut all included just so you have a ballpark. waterjet with...
  15. zurk

Smaller boats to avoid buying

i hope you mean i/o not inboards lol. inboards are fine.
  16. zurk

be careful when renewing your boat licence

dont have to renew your PCOC. my ICC with CEVNI gets renewed every 5 years. boat license has to get renewed every 10 years but no charge for that. https://www.pcl-pep.snbservices.ca/1001/PubWeb/Default.aspx?lang=en-CA boat registration is $250 one time -...
  17. zurk

Aluminum sheet cutting

my normal goto was metal mart in langley but they couldn't handle exotic materials so my last job was done by abcnc in burnaby which did well with my 8' x 5' non standard ultrahard material sheet. both use waterjet. for Al paint try interprotect 2000e from poco marine.
  18. zurk

Life jacket options for charter boat

charter boats just buy the cheapest ones possible from canadian tire. they go for $20-30 each. is there a reg which says this type wont work ? https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/fluid-type-ii-universal-nylon-keyhole-pfd-life-jacket-orange-0791926p.0791926.html for yourself i would buy a speed...
Back