Search results

1. c-dawg

Campbell River Hotels

Thanks, guys; Big Rock it is.
  2. c-dawg

gold river boat launch

What's the current price for parking a truck and trailer for a week?
  3. c-dawg

Campbell River Hotels

I'm traveling up from the U.S. in late July for my annual Critter Cove trip. At the end of the trip the tide is too low in the morning for me to take out and make it to Victoria in time for the ferry ride home. So, I'd like to pull the boat out the night before on the flood and spend the night...
  4. c-dawg

Critter Cove Question

Pacemaker, I'll be there the week of 24 July. This is my 8th year, but first year in a cabin. Fishalot, thanks for the rope idea, that's a pretty simple solution. You've never had any problems when the wind picks up?
  5. c-dawg

Critter Cove Question

Question for those that stay in a floating cabin at Critter Cove: how do you secure or tie down your pop-up canopy outside your cabin? Pics of whatever device you use would be appreciated.
  6. c-dawg

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

I use BuoyWeather. This is the forecast for next week: I've found that site to be pretty accurate for ocean conditions off the Washington coast, and I'm pretty sure it was accurate 2 years ago around Nootka when I was last up there.
  7. c-dawg

For you guys pulling Skinny Gs and Coho Killers, are you putting them behind a 360 flasher or inline flasher? Or just running them solo?
  8. c-dawg

Perfect! Thanks, I'll mark it on my chartplotter.
  9. c-dawg

Would someone please give me the coords to Wash Rock, or tell me how to visually identify it? It's between the Lighthouse and Maquinna Point, right? Thanks.
  10. c-dawg

I pick up shaved ice in Campbell River on my way to Gold River.
  11. c-dawg

What's the current cost of parking a truck and trailer at Gold River launch?
  12. c-dawg

Salmon possession limit

Need some clarity. Even though the Coho catch limit in Nootka is 4 total (2 marked, 2 unmarked), is the total possession limit still only 4 salmon? So if I caught my daily limit of Coho, would I be done for the 5-day trip? Or could I harvest some Springs, too? Someone please help me with the...
  13. c-dawg

Maquinna and Wash Rock

Thanks.
  14. c-dawg

Maquinna and Wash Rock

Are they essentially the same place? I see Maquinna Point on the chart, but I'm not sure where Wash Rock is in relation to the point. Can someone help me out? Thanks.
  15. c-dawg

Westport WA August 23, 24, 25 Albacore Report

You didn't even have a beer at Bennet's? o_O
  16. c-dawg

2018 Yelloweye(0) and Rockfish Retention

Just so I'm understand the regs correctly, Lingcod count as part of the three rockfish limit? Or is it two Lingcod plus three rockfish?
  17. c-dawg

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

+1 for Codfather, AKA Mike. I spent a day with him last summer and we got our lings and some huge yelloweye. Day well spent.
  18. c-dawg

Sand dabs and sole

I want to try them for lingcod bait. It's popular in WA, so I thought about trying it up there.
  19. c-dawg

Sand dabs and sole

Are there sand dabs and sole around Nootka Sound, particularly up around Critter Cove?
  20. c-dawg

Halibut Questions

I have a couple questions concerning halibut fishing: 1. What is the preferred style of weight for drift fishing? Cannon ball? Cod weights? 2. If you anchor for hali, how long do you sit in a spot before moving? Or do you pick a spot and just sit throughout a tide change and call it good...
Back