Search results

1. blake_a

WTB 17-19ft Welded Aluminum Boat (Port Hardy to Victoria)

Helping my sister and brother in law find a 17-19ft welded aluminum boat. Needs a cover, hard top or soft top. Please PM if you have something for sale or soon to be for sale on the island.
  2. blake_a

2023 Nanaimo Reports

Yeah that’s bad luck. I thought the same thing, that they are probably fine to make the run in 25 kn NW but they don’t want a bunch of people sick on the first trip.
  3. blake_a

2023 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Launch was great tonight. It was nutty a couple weeks ago when it opened but maybe a few less boats heading out now. Fishing was also great, we got three slot springs between 65 and 70cms in a couple hours. Lost two others that felt a bit bigger. Plug and hootchie at 140-150 ft.
  4. blake_a

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Thanks for the reply, the southeast yesterday changed up our plans so no fishing. Will probably be back that way soon and will try Flora if I do.
  5. blake_a

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Going to fish Hornby area Saturday afternoon and evening - best just to troll the Norris rocks area and outside Tribune? Worth trying north of Flora?
  6. blake_a

Going to fish Hornby area on Saturday - best just to troll the Norris rocks area and outside Tribune?
  7. blake_a

2022 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

I am hoping to launch at Clutesi launch on Monday morning for morning sockeye fishing. Tide is only 0.4m/1.3ft at 6am. It's a small boat, 17ft, will it be ok to launch then?
  8. blake_a

2021 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Fished out front last night 7:30 to 9pm. Less bait around than last week but still decent fishing. On my first pass got a double header, one about 15lbs and the other was 87cms and released. After that, a coho and two undersized springs until dark/8:45 when I got one more spring, 82 cms and...
  9. blake_a

Seemed to be lots of fish out front last night from 7:30 to 9:00. At the tide change I watched 4 boats hook up around me while I untangled my lines wrapped together due to a P cod. Got set back up and had a decent one on my deep line on the stacked side, but it swam up into the top line and...
  10. blake_a

Similar report for me from Sunday evening. Fished 6-8pm. Trolled with the southeast in 180 ft of water and released a wild coho and got one 72cm spring on the first pass. Both fish were in some bait on hootchies. After that released two small springs with no other significant bites.
  11. blake_a

Got out for a couple of hours last night, lots of fish out there but nothing to bring home. We released lots of fish well under, one just under size, and then one that was about 90cm, so maybe 20lbs. Great night on the water and nice to see a big spring. All on hootchies from 90-160 feet...
  12. blake_a

Awesome Dave, thanks for the reports. I’ll be out one or two evenings this week. Hopefully it stays fishy.
  13. Blake

Blake

Blake
  14. Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

15. blake_a

2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Great, thanks for the info.
  16. blake_a

I know you should be there early, but how is the sockeye fishing on the evening shift? 6 to 10 pm?
  17. blake_a

We got ours at 55’ this morning but was pretty scratchy.
  18. blake_a

20lb cannonballs in Qualicum area

Anyone selling 20 lb cannonballs in the qualicum area?
  19. blake_a

WTB Shimano 4000GT and rod

I have a friend looking for a basic salmon set up. 4000GT reel and 10’6” rod , convergence, technium or something similar. Can pick up from Qualicum to Nanaimo.
  20. blake_a

2020 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Fished out front yesterday evening and it was another night bite for us. Only one bite from 6-7:30 and then three springs on from 7:30 to 8:30. We kept one 78cm fish that was still pretty bright. All fish were on the shallow stacked rod on a hootchie. The one bite early I could see the rod...
Back