Search results

1. SpringVelocity

Southern Resident Whales - New Study Released Nature, Extinction in 75-100 years

Raincoast and Misty McDuffee is after the fishery again. I don't think this is good news the paper was published in Nature. https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/animal-stories/southern-resident-killer-whales-face-extinction-study-8549124 With this data, Paquet and his colleagues will lobby...
  2. SpringVelocity

Sport Fishing Advisory Committee Area 17 - Spring Meeting (Thursday Feb 15 at 700pm)

This is an invite for the Area 17 Spring 2024 Sport Fishing Advisory Committee meeting that will be held on February 15, 2024, at the Nanaimo Fish and Game Club(1325 Nanaimo Lakes Rd, Nanaimo BC V9X 1X8, Canada). Meeting starts at 7pm.
  3. SpringVelocity

Prawn Closure

Skip to main contentBasic HTML version Fisheries and Oceans Canada Fishery Notice Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Shellfish Subject: FN1270-RECREATIONAL - Shellfish - Prawn and Shrimp - Areas 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 23, 25, 28 closures Recreational prawn and shrimp harvesters are advised that...
  4. SpringVelocity

Area 17 Nanaimo SFAC Fall Meeting Thursday Oct 19 @7pm

This an invitation to the Area 17 Sport Fishing Advisory Meeting. The meeting will be held at the Nanaimo Fish and Game Association on October 19, 2023 starting 7pm. This meeting is open to the public and will cover wide variety of topics for the area. Hope to see everyone there.
  5. SpringVelocity

Sport Fishing Advisory Area 17 - Spring meeting Thursday March 2nd 7-9pm

Hi Everyone, Here is the location, and time of our spring SFAC 17 meeting. Date: Thursday March 2nd 7-9 pm Location: Nanaimo Fish and Game Protective Association (Building to right in main parking lot) Address: 1325 Nanaimo Lakes Rd, Nanaimo, BC V9X 1X8 Google map link...
  6. SpringVelocity

Chinook MSF proposals for Spring/Early summer 2023 (Chinook Hatchery Retention)

These are our latest SFAB Chinook proposals for Spring/Early summer 2023 directed to the department. These proposals will be on the SBC Salmon Integrated Harvest Planning Committee agenda Feb. 8th. This will be discussed at all the local SFAC areas this spring ,so may be good idea to attend...
  7. SpringVelocity

2022 FIFA World Cup

Pretty rough one for Germany today.....
  8. SpringVelocity

Area 17 Fall Sport Fishing Advisory Meeting Oct.27th

Hi Everyone, Here is the location, and time of meeting. Agenda/previous meeting minutes will be sent out the week before with a reminder. Details are as follows: Date: Thursday Oct 27th 7-9 pm Location: Nanaimo Fish and Game Protective Association (Building to right in main parking lot)...
  9. SpringVelocity

Ez Loader Boat Trailer - 500.00

I have an adjustable EZ loader trailer with damaged torsion axle. Has rollers and fits 17 to 19ft boat. 3500lb. Needs a new axle/hubs and wheel. Location is in Port Alberni at marine repair shop. The sale is for the entire trailer and I have papers.
  10. SpringVelocity

Roadrunner Trailer -Advice

I just wanted to start this since I replaced my EZ loader trailer (well not my choice LOL). Just wanted for some guys with some pros/cons I need to be aware of. Never had disc brakes so this is very new too me. This trailer hasn't gotten wet yet, so I am wondering if anyone had issues with...
  11. SpringVelocity

2022/2023 Northern and Southern Salmon IMFP

I suggest people read through these. This is what we are up as group against and it isn't pretty. Lot of folks want any recreational fishery regardless where it is just shut down period. Link below: ------------------------------------------------ Dear SFAB, The Department has put...
  12. SpringVelocity

Navico xSonic Airmar P66 transducer - $190.00

Only a year old P66 transducer. $190.00. Upgraded to thru hull so no longer needed. Short Description: For newer Navico product with black 9-pin xsonic transducer port. BRAND: Navico Description For newer Navico product with black 9-pin xsonic transducer port. Plastic...
  13. SpringVelocity

Garelick Heavy Duty Kicker Bracket $250.00

Here is description of it. Fairly new installed last summer. https://harbourchandler.ca/garelick-auxiliary-outboard-motor-bracket-4-stroke-motor/ $250.00.
  14. SpringVelocity

URGENT: Southern Resident Killer Whale Recovery - DFO Online Survey-Deadline March 2nd (Salmon Fishing Area Closures 2022)

Here you go guys. It's real. There are going to be some portion of areas that will be off limits to fishing this year to protect the whales. It is important that everyone on this forum and beyond fill out the survey posted below. Sorry wish I had better news. Your reps are engaging with DFO...
  15. SpringVelocity

2009 Yamaha T8 Kicker - $1700 (SOLD)

Manual Tilt. High Thrust T8. Just replaced the throttle linkage, and tilt. Long shaft with charging system/harness. Original Owner bought new.
  16. SpringVelocity

Malibu 185 Pod Project

Well its done finally did it. My inboard gets pulled next few weeks. Motors are secured. New Suzuki 150 and 9.9 efi for power. Ripping out steering and moving to hydraulic steering with second helm. Photos to come.... I am really trying to get some ideas for the floor hatch etc. Over doghouse...
  17. SpringVelocity

Area 17 SFAC Nanaimo Fall Meeting Thursday November 4th @7pm

Hi Everyone, We are having our SFAC Area 17 fall meeting on Thursday Nov. 4th starting at 7pm. The invite for this meeting with link have already gone out through email list. This is a virtual meeting session. If you want to attend, and are not on our list please let me know.
  18. SpringVelocity

Grady White 208

Just need some opinions as someone who has had one. Looking at options for upgrade next year. May try to get one in the USA and bring up here. Pros and cons. It won't be far offshore. Right now I am running a 185 Malibu but need a bit more room.
  19. SpringVelocity

Sooke Whalewatching Company Directly Asking for Sportfishing to Close

I was just made aware of this post today from local whale watching company in Sooke. https://www.facebook.com/imagerybyhip From the FB post: Sadly, we are following up our previous post regarding the...
Back