Search results

1. E

Charlie White Shows

I agree. I prefer the humbleness of the old shows. Maybe it's just me but I'm kind of turned of my these 30-40 somethings with money to burn yipping and yahooing and not really showing any innovation. Maybe I'm just jealous? I remember Charlie doing demo's with a crude fish tank set up in the...
  2. E

2024 Sidney Reports

Saturday 20th, Put the prawn traps down and trolled for hopes of a salmon. Too many traps around Wain Rk. Did on back and forth along Lands End and then boogied over to Coal for a couple hrs. NOT A SNIFF! No shortage of bait around. Weird. Prawning was ok, no limits but what we got were big.
  3. E

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

190-220' drifting. Haven't tried my anchor yet, I'm too chicken.
  4. E

Out Oak Bay this morning. Tried a few jigging spots for salmon but no chrome. Current was moving too fast. The only place I found bait was out 100+ ft. Tried drifting for Hali, but again current made it hard to keep the bait on the bottom. When the tide finally slowed down after noon I got one...
  5. E

Southern Resident Whales - New Study Released Nature, Extinction in 75-100 years

It was done with Esquimalt harbour. Nothing was done. Follow the money. Apparently if there is a scientist onboard they can move a lot closer which IMO is BS.
  6. E

Southern Resident Whales - New Study Released Nature, Extinction in 75-100 years

Whales in Esquimalt harbour last week with the yellow boat fleet in close pursuit, but I'm sure that paparazzi has no effect on the orca's feeding.:rolleyes:
  7. E

Out of Oak Bay. Endured a couple of hours of lumpy seas bottom bouncing herring out in the shipping lanes. Not even a dogfish. Jigged closer in an got two good sized lingcod and a clipped 6lb chinook. Two early to keep either. Heard of at least one bigger spring caught on the flats.
  8. E

17 foot tinner salt water fishing

My boat is a welded 16" skiff but doesn't have a ton of freeboard. Previously I fished out of a 12' tinny where I definitely had to pick my days. I have found that some of the small private motor cruisers make the worst wakes, short and steep waves. The pilot boats a close second if they are in...
  9. E

Ocean Steelhead

There just isn't the numbers to target them in the ocean. I saw one caught off Quadra Island by a baffled angler. I worked at a fish plant over my summers when I was in school, out of the thousands of fish that came through I only saw a half dozen steelhead caught my trollers.
  10. E

Did the lazy Oak Bay thing today. Headed out NE of Chatham Isl. to the pinnacles. Dropped a Fairways Sardine down to the bottom, put my feet up and relaxed in the calm and sunshine. Drifted Southwest along the Discovery Group and managed to pick up a nice little chicken halibut. Motored around...
  11. E

Hating on Alaskans?

I'm ok with catching Washington and Oregon State hatchery fish here on the South Coast. I don't their sports fishers are allowed to fish for them when we do.
  12. E

Dead sea out there for me today. Hoping to get my brother into a fish but no salmon, just a flounder and a couple of small lings. Started out near Albert head then gave the Harbour mouth an hour. No nothing.
  13. E

Looks like Esquimalt Angler web cam only caches for about 12 hours.
  14. E

FN0294 FishingBC App Catch Log will now Sync to Your License and is a Valid Record, even when Offline

I have seen DFO at most of the South Island boat ramps, including lesser used ones like Mill Bay. Sometimes they hide in the bushes.;) They don't hang around long since word gets out. I think there they are targeting individuals through tips. I have also been checked on the water by DFO and...
  15. E

FN0294 FishingBC App Catch Log will now Sync to Your License and is a Valid Record, even when Offline

Is it not like BC provincial hunting where the enforcement officer has your info on line? We should just have to prove I.D. and they can look it up. Would be a good way of stopping those who reprint their license when it is full. Just has to be made easy for everyone.
  16. E

Chinook Management Measures - Areas 11 to 20, 111, and Subareas 29-1 to 29-5 - Effective April 1, 2024

These Federal Gov't wonders need to put a break, maybe a solid line between the different area announcements. In some formats it is pretty confusing to some.
  17. E

Elk Lake

Haven't fly fished Elk but other local lakes found bass will take any trout streamers. Leeches, Spratley's exc. Bonus is you will catch trout as well.
  18. E

. . . and inconsiderate big rigs that block that block access to a big chunk of the parking lot. Most people with boats are pretty good though, I just find it challenging to back my trailer when I there's all those meat pylons moving in and out of my mirrors. Better than certain free boat...
  19. E

Elk Lake

There are Largemouth in there as well, no doubt thanks to a live well on one of those fancy bass boats. I just lob a plastic worm wacky rigged and they're on it. As simple as it gets. Mid April it really starts to turn on.
  20. E

Quick fish late morning out of Flemming beach for salmon. Such a difference from yesterdays monsoon. Trolled out towards and past the anchored freighter and just past got a powerful strike. Great scrap out of a 77cm clipped chinook. Bonk! I'm not throwing groceries away. Last line on my dance...
Back