Search results

1. R

How to download fishing regulations into my computer

Well, it looks like it can' be done. So I will download the app on my phone. Thanks everyone .
  2. R

How to download fishing regulations into my computer

Can anyone tell me how to download the current fishing regulations into my laptop? I cannot find a download button anywhere on the web site. Thank you
  3. R

Battery Numbers

Have you determined if they are all doing starting duty or is one or more being used to run other loads? Is this a day use only boat or overnight/ vacation boat. Have a frig? Fresh water pumps? Electric head? Interior lights? All of these would be considered your house loads and would...
  4. R

trolling too fast

If you can afford it, installing a trolling valve is the ticket. It will allow you to go as slow as you want but not lug down the engine. Not even sure if it can be installed as a DIY project. Here is a link...
  5. R

A couple of prawn questions

I some times fix them by boiling in beer with some pickling spices and some salt. About 2 minutes does it.
  6. R

WTB 30 gauge clear vinyl

If you can't find it locally there is a web site named Sailrite where many folks buy this stuff.
  7. R

Lingcod: how big is too big?

Well guys we don't have this problem any more in Washington. The minimum length is 26" and the maximum length is 36", and the limit is one. Also the season is only about 6 weeks. There is no rock fish season in the Puget Sound area at all. Also, the shrimp season in some area's this year was...
  8. R

Weather Conditions when crossing the straight

Are you looking at the bouy reports and the light station reports? These will give you the most current conditions, (within the hour).
  9. R

Anybody pickel prawns

I like to give them a quick boil in beer with pickling spices added. No more than maybe 90 seconds.
  10. R

Fibreglass Repairs

There is a channel on YouTube called Boatworks Today. He has many, many video's on how to fiberglass. Check it out.
  11. R

Corona Virus: What are you doing to contribute to reduce the curve?

I can tell you what thew state of Washington is doing. They just closed all fishing in the state down.
  12. R

Towing a fishing boat behind cruiser....

Andrew; I have been towing a small boat up and down the inside passage for the past 5 years. First few years with a 19.5 aluminum boat and now with a 15 foot Arima. I use a 100' length of Amsteel line for the main tow line as it will float and is very strong. Only problem with it is it has...
  13. R

Coastal Fuel Stops

There is a travel guide that all the boaters that travel the inside passage to Alaska use. It is called the Waggoner Cruising Guide. It will list many of the best places to stay and also most all marinas and what those places offer (water, fuel, propane, garbage drop, groceries, haul out...
  14. R

I've lost another friend to the ocean

In my post earlier about the shrimp fisherman, that boat was also a Trophy, a outboard model, about twenty feet. It was probably less than 5 seconds from the time the first wave came aboard till that guys were underwater. Not even enough time to jump overboard. Absolutely no time to put on a...
  15. R

I've lost another friend to the ocean

My friend Charlie and two other guys were out shrimping one day. All three were wearing life jackets. When the wind picked up they decided they should pick up their gear, but they waited a little to long. As they started to pull the first pot, it caused the stern of the boat to turn into the...
  16. R

Keeping Fish frozen during transport

Years ago I took my boat from Anacortes to Rivers Inlet and was asked to bring a supply of large herring with me. I wrapped each frozen package in newspaper, and then packed as many as would fit in a Styrofoam cooler, leaving just enough room on top for some dry ice. I then taped all the seams...
  17. R

1st Trip: Bella Bella or Rivers Inlet (with guests)?

Mary; It would be approx. a 9 hr. cruise from Dawsons Landing in Rivers Inlet to Shearwater or Bella Bela ( their right next to each other) at 8 kts. Dawsons would be the best place in Rivers Inlet for you to tie up and the float planes come right to your dock. The Chinook fishing will be...
  18. R

Aluminium Fuel tank pitting

If the pin holes where the sender sits do no go all the way through, JB Weld should be fine. There will a gasket under the sender and fuel should not reach your repair. The prep work is key here. Can you get to the area with a drill motor with a wire brush installed? If not how about a Dremel...
  19. R

Boat trailer Speedi sleeves

You might try and bearing supply house. You would probably need to give them the size you need as I doubt they would have a catalog to look that up in. I have had some success in repairing a surface like this by using a epoxy like JB Weld. Clean it up real good by using a wire brush and...
  20. R

Clear Vinyl Clean and Care

I'm surprised the business that did the work for you did not recommend what products to use for the type of clear vinyl they used.
Back