Search results

1. eriks

Anchoring a dock

Does anyone know about anchor blocks and chain layouts for anchoring a dock in the ocean? I’m looking for information on how to properly anchor a single dock (12’x36’) to deal with our tides and some small waves from local storms. I’ve searched extensively on line but not found anything yet...
  2. eriks

A few spare Seastar Hydraulic hoses

Located on the North Shore. Free to a good boat project (mine are mostly all done). Can’t remember the exact lengths but I think they were 16-20’ or so.
  3. eriks

Need music on your boat?

My old stereo, works great, free to a good boat! I’m on the North Shore
  4. eriks

Fraser River Navigation

Are there any obvious rules of the road to observe when navigating the Fraser? I actually have never run the boat up the river before. I just need to get up the North Arm for 5 miles. Obviously looking out for logs is a no brainer, but just wondering about speed and maybe anything else I may be...
  5. eriks

Cut polishing

Is it fine to do some cut polishing on the boat, outside, in this cool weather? 3M Finesse it. thx
  6. eriks

110 volt receptacle

I’d like to have a 110V receptacle installed inside my CC boat. I’ve got a regular (no galvanic isolator) shore power plug that connects directly to my battery charger. Can I just splice in a regular receptacle or must it be a GFI plug or what? Thx!
  7. eriks

Navionics Chart depths

Hope this isn’t a dumb question! I’m doing some trip planning and would like to anchor in Smuggler’s Cove for a night next weekend. Looking at the depths, in some areas it’s shown as 8’. 8’ depth at low tide is what I thought, but what about the big tide ranges we have here? Is there a way...
  8. eriks

Four rods and three reels, free to a good home...

I have a set of Daiwa Mooching reels, M-One Plus, with line. They're a little dusty, but should be fine. I also have four Daiwa Coastal CLNC-M1062M-G rods (a little dusty too). Also have a decent hali rod with no reel. All free to a good home. I'm located on the North Shore. I can text you...
  9. eriks

Suitable kicker size for a 26.5' glass boat

Hi all, For a glass boat of 6000#'s, 26'5" long, do you think a 9.9 Yammi high thrust would be good? The next size up is a 25HT, and that seems big. I wish Yammi made a 15HT, that would probably be perfect, but I do have Yammi twins and therefore want to stick with them. Thx,
  10. eriks

WTB Hourston Island Runner 26

Anyone know of one of these for sale? Would like to get it podded, so not too concerned about mechanical condition.
  11. eriks

Sage SA4110 - $1000 firm for two rods

Two Sage rods in great condition.
  12. eriks

Salmon Rod, best light power rod

I was hoping to get some opinions on a great light power salmon rod. My rods are Sage SA4110’s and they’re amazing on larger salmon, but I think they’re too powerful for the typically smaller salmon found around the Lower Mainland.
  13. eriks

Ford 6.4L diesel blown head gasket - Advice needed

My son's truck has a blown head gasket and I'm looking to get it repaired here in the Lower Mainland area. I've called a couple places, and there seems to be a big range in repair cost, depending on how bullet proof you want to make it. I don't want to dump unnecessary thousands of $'s into...
  14. eriks

Clarion Marine Stereo

Great unit, works perfectly. Has Aux connection. $60
  15. eriks

Soldering VHF antenna cable

I was hoping someone could give some advice on this. I am trying to join two coaxial cables together using soldered PL-259 connectors. The one cable is not having any solder stick to it when I’m trying to do tinning before assembly of the connector. Does it just need flux? Would it just be...
  16. eriks

Scotty Drag Settings

I just bought some 20# balls and my downriggers weren't braking properly when lowering the gear, actually not at all. Scotty says set the drag to 30-40#'s, but I don't know for what weight balls that setting works for. If I'm fishing 20# balls in winter, has anyone figured out what drag setting...
  17. eriks

Coaxial VHF cable splice

I need to splice my VHF antenna cable and tried the Shakespeare Gold splice connector. It didn’t work out for me like the last time. What I’ve read online generally pans these connectors. Most articles are quite old. Does anyone know if I can use the compression type fittings on Amazon...
  18. eriks

Beach Launch gone awry...

Beach launch in some nasty conditions in the home country. The driver was not hurt, so all good I guess. https://northcoastcourier.co.za/101322/video-bakkie-goes-early-morning-swim-salmon-bay/
  19. eriks

Hali/Tuna Rods

Two nice Hali/Tuna rods for sale (have caught both on them), in Vancouver. $180 firm, for the pair
  20. eriks

Plastic bead to protect rod tip eye

I lost a couple full rigs recently on the west coast- everything gone (bait, flasher and bead swivel). There was nothing left on my line. On the first occasion I thought that maybe my palomar knot let go, then on the second time I thought maybe I was sold bad line when I had my reels reloaded...
Back