Search results

1. eriks

Anchoring a dock

Does anyone know about anchor blocks and chain layouts for anchoring a dock in the ocean? I’m looking for information on how to properly anchor a single dock (12’x36’) to deal with our tides and some small waves from local storms. I’ve searched extensively on line but not found anything yet...
  2. eriks

2022 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Any reports from Grant’s? Heading up there next week.
  3. eriks

Prop guard - which one?

I bought a great one from @SpringVelocity for my last boat.
  4. eriks

Another wiring question...

Baxter, when I look at your original post, something is wrong. You have the starter battery positive connected to input 1, as well as the kicker starter positive. You are correct, the kicker is then always connected to battery 1, and not thru the switch. I also don't understand why it would not...
  5. eriks

The switch itself is just a selector switch, it allows you to choose which battery you want to power up your boat. The back labels do not line up with the front, as there is an output terminal on the back (and also nothing at the off position). The respective inputs line up with the 1 and the...
  6. eriks

The 1, 2 and 1&2 labels on the front have nothing to do with how the inputs and outputs are connected on the back of the switch, they only have to do with what input the switch uses to output power to the switched circuits on the boat. This switch is for a dual battery system. You are supposed...
  7. eriks

2021 Winter Harbour Reports

Thanks fella. I asked Barney, but he said that they didn't go out with you that day.
  8. eriks

2021 Winter Harbour Reports

Hey Myles What were you guys using for bait last year when you got into those sablefish?
  9. eriks

Deep Dropping In The Straits

I've deep dropped in the Straight (1000+') and the main catch for me was dogfish
  10. eriks

Quality Pliers

Yes, of course there’s more economical choices, but the OP asked for advice on quality pliers that won’t rust after a while. These are the best you can get. They come with a great lanyard, so you won’t drop them overboard, and you’ll therefore never buy another pair of pliers again. They’re...
  11. eriks

Quality Pliers

Van Staal’s will corrode your wallet, not the pliers. Mine are still beautiful after 10 years and still have decades of use in store.
  12. eriks

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Some charters are doing DNA sampling.
  13. eriks

April 1 Fishing Regs-sell your Boats!!

Am I correct in understanding that we can fish close in to Thrasher (west of line from Gower Point to Shah Point on Valdez)?
  14. eriks

Annual weather patterns on the coast

Welcome to the forum. Tons of great information here and many good people willing to help you.
  15. eriks

Electric jigging reels

My Tanacom 1000 was very useful when solo tuna fishing this past season and I had six on at one time. They're great reels.
  16. eriks

Gaffs & Bonkers

I wouldn't use a hot dipped galvanized product on anything I'd be eating later. It's a heavy metal, and strictly regulated in the painting business, its a couple steps up on lead, but not much. It's never used in anything food related, ever.
  17. eriks

Auto pilot opinions

I had a Garmin Reactor unit installed and really liked the ability to just grab the wheel in an emergency, as opposed to the older system where you had to hit a button to disengage it. They called it Shadow Drive. I’m sure all other systems now have it too. I didn’t like the heading sensor on...
  18. eriks

Garmin 9-Axis Heading Sensor

I sold a Garmin Reactor Autopilot on eBay. Worked out well, much larger audience. Mine was for a Seastar Optimus system, so very specific, but so is this. If it’s only a heading sensor, not too many people would be looking for one, so eBay will probably be your best bet. Good luck with the sale!
  19. eriks

2020 Tuna Adventures

@codfather , looks good 18 miles off Nootka.
  20. eriks

2020 Tuna Adventures

Is anyone getting updated Terrafin shots? I don’t seem to be getting any since Sept 10th. Could be the smoke maybe?
Back