Search results

1. W

Fused Rod

Once you have the 2 parts seperated, take a peice of parafin wax and rub it all over the male sectiom of the ferule. It helps prevent future seizing events.
  2. W

Jimmy Buffet

Jimmy Buffet passed away yesterday. He introduced several generations to Parrot Head Madness and Tropical Hedonism He was a consumate musician and an addicted flyfisher. A few of us were able to meet him when he spent a day chasing winter run Steelhead on the Cowichan River in 1993. I will...
  3. W

Pinks in campbell river 2023

Has the low warm water stopped the usual influx of pinks into the Campbell?
  4. W

Rebecca Reid

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!
  5. W

Cold Smoked Pink Salmon

Is it worth the time and effort to cold smoke Pink Salmon?
  6. W

2023 Sidney Reports

Hats off to Sea Pony for stickhandling this derby tht generates much needed $ for salmon enhancement and provides anglers the opportunity toget together
  7. W

SFI/UVIC Recreational Fishing Survey - You May Win an Islander Reel or Gibbs Gift Certificates

could not complete as the survey quit working 605 of the way through
  8. W

Crew Members - Ad Fix

Seems to have worked for me! Thanks
  9. W

Merry Christmas

Happy Sugar Plum time. All the best in 2023
  10. W

Prawning offshore lower mainland

I Lived in North Vancouver for almost 20 years in the 70's and 80"s. I used to take my kids shrimping at night off of piers in North and West Vancouver. We didn't catch spot prawns but we did catch lots of coon stripe shrimp. In 1990, I moved to the south island and continued to catch shrimp...
  11. W

Puntledge River

Just wondering how guys were doing on the Puntledge?
  12. W

Crofton paper mill to be indefinitely curtailed

I wonder if this will have any effect on the Weir operation for the Cowichan River?
  13. W

Campbell River Pinks 2022

Lots of good sized Pinks. It is a bit of a gong show from the Quinsam River down to Sandy Pool, but lots of fish are being taken. Unfortunately there is little or no enforcement so snaggers and flossers are rampant. The hot weather doesn't seem to be impacting the number of people fishing.
  14. W

Salt Ice Comox to CR

Campbell river Sea food, 1900 Island Highway.
  15. W

What Wine Do You Like?

I have always been a fan of Big Reds. But my usual wine is what a screwing we are getting from DFO!
  16. W

Tell Your Best Joke

A guy walks into a large crowded bar, waving his unholstered pistol, and yelled I have a 45 caliber colt 1911 with a 7 round magazine and one in the chamber. I want to know who has been sleeping with my wife. A voice calls out from the back of the room, " You"ll need more Ammo"
  17. W

An Interesting Experience

Back in the early 70's I lived in Vancouver's west end for a few years. They had a huge problem with pigeons. For a while, they sent a guy out at first light with a 22 to shoot them. This didn't last long as a lot of residents complained and the city's legal department was worried about...
  18. W

Happy New Year 2022!

Well, we may it through another one. Happy New Year to all of us!
  19. W

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas , good health and no salmon restrictions to all.
Back