Search results

1. lawlu

Cell Service in Gold River?

Thanks so much TakesAll. I can probably assume that Virgin Mobile works then, but maybe someone with Virgin on here can chime in..
  2. lawlu

Cell Service in Gold River?

I heard there are Telus cell towers in Gold River and Tahsis now. Anyone have Bell or Virgin and have firsthand experience if it works there or not?
  3. lawlu

Aluminum boat prices

Well said!
  4. lawlu

2016 Sooke Reports

Out on Saturday. Fished all the usual spots between the Head and Obrien. Also hit the Besfords first. Not a single bite fishing down deep to 200' all the way up to 75'. Beauty of a day before the winds came at around noon.
  5. lawlu

2016 Sooke Reports

Still the spot. Chatter will pickup, but it's a bit early yet. We just finished up prawning season and will be moving the boat over to Sooke. I suspect there are a few others that will be doing the same soon.
  6. lawlu

Tyee or trophy reel

Strange, I've had my trophys for 3 years and no issues like this.
  7. lawlu

Free: Scotty Boom Mounts

Gone guys. Thanks for the trades discus!
  8. lawlu

Oh hold...
  9. lawlu

I don't really want to send them, rather have someone come get them. Sorry.
  10. lawlu

This is from a first gen electric Scotty downrigger. I don't know the model number, so.... Anyhow, free to anyone who needs them. I am in Vic.
  11. lawlu

Key Tips To Consistent Mature Chinook Hook Ups

Thanks Rockfish. No one is looking for handouts or specific locations. Moreso just trying to understand the logic behind why certain locations produce at certain currents or even certain times of the day. I'm out everyone weekend, so I have my theories but just haven't nailed down a consistent...
  12. lawlu

Key Tips To Consistent Mature Chinook Hook Ups

I think that many of us have got the general locations, the roll and the gear figured out which has led to some decent hookups with a few decent springs. However, for me, the timing of the locations and hookups have been by guess and by golly. I don't get the consistent hookups of springs that...
  13. lawlu

Sooke2015

Did anyone else notice that there was some really large bait in the bellies of the springs? I would say some of them were 7-7.5 inches! I have been using the 12 pack, but wondering if I should play with the 8 packs... Hmmm.
  14. lawlu

Sooke2015

Just near the lil Bedfords.
  15. lawlu

Sooke2015

Found this in our teenager spring today....perch/shiner or ? Never thought this was in their diet.
  16. lawlu

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Quite the downpour last night! Haven't heard rains like that in a while. Wonder how it'll change the fishing?
  17. lawlu

Victoria 2014 Reports

Hali on the troll, Craven?
  18. lawlu

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Nice to here the coho are coming in. My buddy got an 11lb yesterday... Not much hook to the nose yet. Also nice to see the crowds gone too. Cheanuh was getting to be a gong show. Spring, did you fish the whole afternoon, or just the evening bite out east?
  19. lawlu

SFBC Derby 2014

Thanks, Read that, but just wanted to make sure Cheanuh was ok too.
  20. lawlu

SFBC Derby 2014

Can the fish be verified at Cheanuh? Or must it be peddar bay or sooke?
Back