Search results

1. Prairie Buoy

Tidal section of Eve river 12-2

Am trying to interpret these regs.. I find them very confusing?? One page says non coho retention but also says see restriction page... when go to restriction page says retention is 2 with one wild?? I understand what non retention means but then why reference to restriction page where says...
  2. Prairie Buoy

Conuma River

I hear a roomer that the Conuma River has been placed on a restricted rec fishing ban. I can't seem to find any info on. Can someone point me in right direction? Thanks PB
  3. Prairie Buoy

Puerto Rico

Hi! Thinking maybe time to check out other winter fishing possibilities.. the old mexico standby is still there but been there a number of times now.. been reading a bit about Puerto Rico fishing. Anyone have any first hand experience with fishin there? Any info would be great... This probably...
  4. Prairie Buoy

freshwater river regulations

Have heard about some chinook retention regulation changes to the Campbell and Puntledge rivers... I can't seem to find any mention of this on the in season regulation change DFO page... Can someone inform me of where I can look changes up online?? Thanks a lot PB
  5. Prairie Buoy

Limited time fall coho

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone can give me some info on the very limited time fall coho fishing up around Quatsino or Nootka way?.. I understand there is a crash week or two time where the coho gather before heading up assorted rivers where fishing for them can be very entertaining. Usually...
  6. Prairie Buoy

OH boy, another cooler!!

Hi guys! I know what we all need is another cooler as most of us have them stacked up and don't use most of what we already have. I am the same. But a couple times a year I need a cooler that may be good for more than a day or two when travelling. In the past I daily replace ice or empty...
  7. Prairie Buoy

freezing salmon

Had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine. Thought would ask others on the subject. Topic was freezing salmon... I am a vacuum pac guy when comes to freezing salmon. Would say that after about 90 days the fish starts to loose its freshness for a thaw and BBQ supper, still tastes...
  8. Prairie Buoy

Hydromet Stations Question

Hi people. I have a question for those who may know... Just for my own interest I daily check the live video of the Hydromet station along the Sproat River. I like to see the socks swim by and later a few springs. Is impossible to gage fish size from watching; but I see there are a couple of...
  9. Prairie Buoy

Mexico Fishin Advice Needed

Hi people.. Am off soon on my annual fishin trip to Mexico. Before I get to my usual location in the Ixtapa area, I will be stopping to see some friends in the Loreto area for few days. They are not fisher people and all can tell me is that there is a marina in Loreto... Has anyone been in that...
  10. Prairie Buoy

conventional or synthetic

Just a general type of question. Do you prefer conventional oils or synthetic in your outboards and legs?
  11. Prairie Buoy

waterproofing

My canvas boat top needs a little help in the waterproofing. Hoping a clean and some type spray will do the job. The 303 fabric guard looks like good stuff. Can't seem to find it around. Anyone seen this stuff or a similar during their travels?? Thanks PB
  12. Prairie Buoy

Polarized glasses

Hi people. Have a question, that I am sure we all have, but not sure if is an answer?? We all use polarized glasses for fishin and they work great. But they suck when looking at out electronics screens. I take mine off, look at screen, put back on.. kind of a pain.. If you get your view at the...
  13. Prairie Buoy

2101 striper question

Another question for you guys in the know ... I run a 2101 striper and have noticed recently that it sits crooked in the water even with no people on board? I can adjust when moving but was sure used to sit straight when just sitting still... haven't changed where I store stuff onboard for...
  14. Prairie Buoy

Fishfinder shopping

I'll be on the hunt, over the next few days, for a new combo unit fish finder/gps map. My old garmin unit just expired! Manufacturer not really important as most have quite good units, just ask the salesmen.. Ha ha Anyway, has anyone come across any ' Hot Deals' in their recent travels?? Thanks
  15. Prairie Buoy

Mexican fishing info

Am just back from annual Mex fishin trip. Been at the Ziha/ Vincente area. Fishing seems to have been going down hill past couple years in that area in the late Feb. time slot. Some jacks in the 20 pound range but the roosters did not want to play. Was thinking of checking out the area around...
  16. Prairie Buoy

pressure cooking crab

Hi! Does anyone use a pressure cooker for crabs? Want to share how you do it? Thanks PB
  17. Prairie Buoy

Prop Question

Have picked up a spare prop for my 150 main and decided to try it out. Must be slightly different pitch than my old one. Anyway, my old one gave me 25 knots at 3900rpm and new one needs 4400 rpm to get 25 knots. Was told that better to run 4400 as faster speed will be easier on drive so keep...
  18. Prairie Buoy

seasick

Hi guys! Seems I have a tendency to get varying degrees of seasickness when out on the west coast rollers. I have tried the ear patch, it works very well, but certainly has a few side effects. Anyone have any hints, cross counter drugs, etc; that may help my little problem??? Thanks PB
  19. Prairie Buoy

Sayward

Just looking for some new scenery, not any secrets… anyone been around Sayward. Some flatter tides coming up in a week and may have to go have a look!!
  20. Prairie Buoy

Depth finder problem

Hi people! Am having a problem with my depth sounder and was hoping could get some help. When my screen automatically changes depth ranges, say from 0-300 to 0-600, my actual depth reading instantly also changes anywhere from 60 to 100+ feet?? A pain in the butt sometimes especially when...
Back