Search results

1. Marsman

Transducer Fix

Hi, Not many people know this trick so thought I would share before someone spends the money on a new one. If you transducer is not working like new and losing the bottom/working off and on do this. Take 400 grit wet sandpaper and sand the bottom of the transducer to get rid of...
  2. Marsman

Prop guard for 2013 Yamaha 8hp Big foot

Hi, Where is a good place to buy one? Thanks, Rob
  3. Marsman

Spare prop for a 2013 Yamaha F250

Hi, Looking for a spare prop for my boat. Alum or Stainless. 15-1/2 X 17P. 15 spline I think. Thanks, Rob
  4. Marsman

Garmin Network

Hi, Has anyone setup a Garmin network to run a 2nd display at the back of the boat? I have a 7012 unit (2013) with Radar, Sounder box and VHF all connected together. I'm an IT guy (27yrs) and have research it a lot and it looks like I only need to run a Cat5 / power to the back. This will be...
  5. Marsman

Tofino “Fish for the Future”

Hi all, At the ferry and off to Tofino for the Willie Mitchell Fish for the Future coho derby. Had a blast last year staying at Tofino Wilderness Resort. Last year was tough fishing and landed only one coho Sunday which turned out to be 15.5lbs and won the derby. Pure luck. Lol. Money...
  6. Marsman

Trade 2015 Jayco travel trailer for boat

Hi, not sure if anyone is interested but thought I would post. I bought a 2015 Jayco 28BHBE Elite model new from Travel land in Langley. We have only used it 20-30 days since new. It is over 40k new. The bonus is it still has 4.5 years left on a $100 deductible transferable extended...
  7. Marsman

GA Check Point Port Moody

Hi, does anyone know if GA in Deep Cove is open tomorrow? I had some work done including an impeller on a 40hp and went to check it out before my trip to Nootka on Thursday morning and it stopped pumping water. Fired it up and seemed fine. Rev'd it up and down a bit then nothing. Seems like the...
  8. Marsman

GA Checkpoint

Hi, does anyone know if GA in Deep Cove is open tomorrow? I had some work done including an impeller on a 40hp and went to check it out before my trip to Nootka on Thursday morning and it stopped pumping water. Fired it up and seemed fine. Rev'd it up and down a bit then nothing. Seems...
  9. Marsman

Camping Sooke to Campbell River

Hi, I'm looking for recommendation on a good large camping spot for my 28' travel trailer. Don't know all the plans yet but it could be just my wife and 2 dogs. (Lab cross) I put in a request for Pedder Bay, Puntludge and another one. Also I would like to get out fishing with some one if I...
  10. Marsman

14' Naden Deep Laker with 40hp Tohatsu 2-stroke short shaft

1998 boat and easy loader trailer. Model is Canadian Laker. 72" wide (very stable) and hull is .077. Very tough riveted boat. No leaks. 2 seats, Tri-finder fish finder (older but works fine) (can read the bottom of the Fraser on plane) Easy loader trailer with bearing buddies that were...
  11. Marsman

Fishing SK

Hi, I thought a few nice pictures of the fresh water barracuda might be amusing. My brother and I were fishing north of Prince Albert, SK. All I can say is we had a blast. We let the big one (Pushing 20lb's) go and kept 2 around 10lbs plus 5 walleye. Cheers, Rob
  12. Marsman

20hp Yamaha Long Shaft Tiller

2005 Yamaha 20hp long shaft 2-stroke boat motor. Tiller. Bought in 2006 or 07. Less that 50hrs. Comes with Yamaha tank and hose. Reason for selling is because of upgrade to a larger motor. Email for number. Price is firm. Thanks, Rob
  13. Marsman

Sockeye Test nets

This is great to see. All the test nets for 2010 is already at 455,000 sockeye and we are not even into September. In 2002 which was the biggest run in 50yrs totaling 638,000 sockeye. Looks like this year will be the same as 2002 or better. As for warm water in the Fraser I believe it is...
  14. Marsman

Port McNeill Area

Hi, I'm heading up the first week of June to Alder Bay Resort for Hali and spring fishing. Any info or reports would help greatly. I've fished there twice but have not caught a halibut up there. You can send me an email @ bar_rig@yahoo.com if you like. Cheers, Rob
Back