Search results

1. Marsman

Riviera maya - mid April

Last time we were there we just booked a guy off the beach (panga boat) at Akumel (spelling?) for a couple hundred and went fishing barracuda's and bottom fish. Was fun. My brother and his wife are down at Porta Morelos (2 months) and he has been doing some beach fishing. no luck yet from...
  2. Marsman

Transducer Fix

Hi, Not many people know this trick so thought I would share before someone spends the money on a new one. If you transducer is not working like new and losing the bottom/working off and on do this. Take 400 grit wet sandpaper and sand the bottom of the transducer to get rid of...
  3. Marsman

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Hi, are the coho still around off shore and in the bay? Planning on pulling the boat over for a couple days. thanks, Rob
  4. Marsman

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Hi, I have my brother and sister-in-law out from SK and she would like to see some Whales. What can I do to find where they are at. Channel 68? I can drop my boat in to use. Thanks, Rob
  5. Marsman

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Thanks for the report. I will be fishing Nootka a lot more next year enjoying retirement.
  6. Marsman

Fraser river sockeye

Let them try and then take all money hand outs away. Being someone who worked in Government for 33 years it would be easy to squash there stupidity... Sad to say but they are another group looking for more and more hand outs. There will be a day when it all ends and no more free money goes to...
  7. Marsman

Fraser river sockeye

There are a ton of sockeye around. I think more than there was pinks last year but the political idiots want to appease a certain demographic with a stupid amount of fish... IMO... Seen it before.
  8. Marsman

Fraser river sockeye

On another note. Number increased greatly in area 12 seine over the weekend. Looking much better for the late sockeye.
  9. Marsman

Fraser river sockeye

Yup.... Just like Hockey Canada... Corrupted all the way through.
  10. Marsman

Can you get it early (7:30am?).
  11. Marsman

thanks, anyone launching at Gold River on Tuesday morning? Running up to Tuta for a few days fishing. Was suppose to be 3 of us but one buddy hurt his back and had to bail. I’ll be running the boat in and my other buddy is driving in supplies. Planning on staying up there till after Aug...
  12. Marsman

sorry for the off topic. I searched but didn’t find any info. Heading up to Nootka from Duncan and looking for where to get a cooler of ice on the way pulling a 24’ boat. Salt ice or ?? Thanks I’m advance. Rob
  13. Marsman

2022 Sooke Reports

Hi, I’m new to the area and wondering if sockeye opens, is it open in the Sooke area? I have fished the Fraser mouth in 2010, 2014, 2018. Is it worth fishing local or do guys run over to the Fraser. Thanks.
  14. Marsman

Where you staying? I'm thinking of heading out there June 5th - 10th? Cheers, Rob
  15. Marsman

SOCKEYE gear and techniques

If you want to have some fun throw out a spoon on a spinning rod or a fly when the fish are on the surface and if you can get one to bite its a blast.
  16. Marsman

SOCKEYE gear and techniques

You nailed it. I run a chain flasher off the ball. 8'-10' up the 1st line and then 8'-10' to the next. Keep the hoochies within 10' of the downrigger cable not too far back. Everything tight. Reason is when you have a bunch of sockeye following your gear and don't bite do a 180 and watch...
  17. Marsman

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was a slow day until now. Had a pin popper that was gone then right away hit and landed a 12-13lb white spring. 350’ water. 69 on the rigger using green splatter back hoochie. Looks like we are here for a while yet. Lol.
  18. Marsman

Fishing green can to 350’ and running through gear. Nothing but shakers so far. R
  19. Marsman

Too bad they don’t open sockeye for the end of the run. natives have had openings in the river. Most of the fish have gone through. Even to keep one for dinner would be nice. Not going any further with this. Rye and coke is tasting good. lol.
Back