Search results

1. disco

Scotty Downrigger Counters

Try to find a couple of the old units with the green wheel. The newer units with blue wheels fail constantly and you need to keep a couple spares on board if you use those.
  2. disco

Rescued a broken down boat and boater - some lessons learned.

Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal.
  3. disco

How would a person catch fish on Mara Lake BC?

To catch fish in Mara my suggestion would be to get thru the narrows out of Mara and into the Shuswap.
  4. disco

No luck contacting anybody at Double Eagle?!

Fawcett Boat Covers Parksville Rock stars! https://www.fawcettboat.com/
  5. disco

Let’s see your towing rig!

Chrome don't get you home!
  6. disco

Towing Capacity?

Trucks run on diesel fuel. Cars with a cargo area run on gasoline.
  7. disco

WTF Nanaimo gas prices

Taxes keep going up and voters keep voting for the same politicians. Why would politicians keep taxes down if people keep voting for them? Property taxes, property transfer taxes, carbon taxes, fuel taxes, PST etc etc. at least oil companies supply something. Govts just keep taking more of...
  8. disco

Salmon Head Recovery Program - Post results here

???? I've been told by hatchery staff that they definitely do thermal marking.
  9. disco

Security Camera’s

These guys don't care about cameras. They know they'll be back out in a couple hours on a promise to appear if they're picked up. Buddy of mine has 20 minutes of video on 3 separate thefts from his place. They even looked up at the camera and recognized it was there. Big f---ing dog gets...
  10. disco

Appropriate rod to match retro reel?

Never run mono on a Peetz. The stretchy mono will put pressure on the spool and warp it over time. If buying a Peetz always check the spool for warp caused by mono. Use backing and braid only.
  11. disco

where to buy a new boat trailer

Had a Tuff Trailer under my previous boat. Wish I had it back. Pricey but good equipment.
  12. disco

All Things COVID-19

Was she vaccinated or is this just Darwin taking care of business?
  13. disco

Clutesi launch question

???? I step off the side onto the dock. If I have someone with me who can handle the truck/trailer, I don't even get off until he's hooked the bow and pulled me up into the parking lot.
  14. disco

2021 Nanaimo Reports

Seals need to eat and gill nets need to be filled in a couple weeks.
  15. disco

Clutesi launch question

I always power load and I always warn anyone behind me. As a result I'm out in half the time and guys behind me are clear sooner. The googans who spool out 20' of winch strap and crank for 5 minutes really tie up the system. If your bunks are set right and you have side guides let the engine...
  16. disco

Conservatives Fisheries Platform

Interesting how many people over complicate this issue. Fact: Keep voting the way you're voting and politicians will keep doing what they're doing. Was our common interest, sport fishing, in better condition under Conservative regulations? Were factions that oppose us being better controlled?
  17. disco

Worms in Salmon

And prawns are basically big water bugs. Just sayin!
  18. disco

Campion 542 + Trailer weight?

A little under powered. Needs 150. Friend had one with 115 and was a painful to get on plane when fully loaded. He sold it and the new owner put a 150 on it.
  19. disco

Inboard just quit while running :(

I build my own. 300 HP for $3500.00.
Back