Search results

1. B

Campbell River

I just got a report from a friend who is in Campbell River right now. He checked out the scene today and said the river is low and not many fish. Only a few people fishing. He even went to the mouth and tried fishing from the beach, but had no luck. He was there at the same time last year and...
  2. B

Salmon Beach Shore Fishing

I just got back from a trip to salmon beach. On a day we decided to take a break from fishing, we walked down to the mouth of the Maggie River to look for clams and oysters. As I'm looking out at the salt water, I notice a nice salmon jump. I keep watching and start to see lots of jumpers. They...
  3. B

Sockeye Fraser Opening anyday??

Monday it is: http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/xnet/content/fns/index.cfm?pg=view_notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=126546&ID=recreational
  4. B

Campbell/Quinsam Pinks open thursday!

Just to be clear, are most people drift fishing with pink/green wool? Or are they casting and retrieving spoons and spinners?
  5. B

Sockeye Fraser Opening anyday??

I have heard that an opening could be announced at today's meeting, but more likely on Friday's.
  6. B

I am near Moncton and 2Rd - close to you it sounds. I am going to be heading over to Ucluelet next week for some salt water fishing, but my parents live in Nanaimo and I'll be taking my family over to stay with them a few nights before heading west across the island. This pink run sounds like...
  7. B

@Summer Steel: Thanks for all the information - very helpful. @Dude: I am also from Richmond and am heading over to Nanaimo this Saturday. How long a drive is it from Nanaimo to Campbell River?
  8. B

I am considering coming in from out of town to take the wife fishing for Pinks in Campbell River in mid-August. Where is the best place to park (safely and legally) and access the river?
Back