Search results

1. K

Tuna charter out of Newport Oregon

Thanks, Seagirt. I took a flyer on Captain's Reel, based on online ratings. The location is set in stone, our wives will be with us, so it's a local charter or no fishing at all... The worst day fishing is better than walking the streets of a tourist town visiting gift shops.
  2. K

I've seen All Rivers' beautiful sportfishers docked in Westport a couple of times. A one day "express" trip does sound preferable to a 1 1/2 or 2 day trip with one of the other charter operators. Food for thought for sure.
  3. K

I do want to do Westport one day soon. The issue is, my wife booked a timeshare in Newport so I naturally looked to see if there were fishing opportunities while we're there. Just hoping for some insider, "been there done that" information.
  4. K

Has anyone ever gone on a tuna trip out of Newport? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
  5. K

Sealant and sealing method advice

After a very long, frustrating, very expensive time on the hard I'm finally ready to re-install the deck and engine cover on my boat. What do you guys use to seal joints that will probably have to be re opened sometime in the future. Also, whoever sealed up the seams last time used some sort...
  6. K

Laser eye surgery or...?

Like everyone else, It was the best money I ever spent. I went to these people http://seewell.ca/ I found them to be a no BS outfit. Their lead surgeon has done some 60,000 procedures and is very conservative, they would not do Lasik, only PRK in my case. There is also a tissue sparing...
  7. K

Diesel "polishing" Lower Mainland

I was about $500 from exchange price. I'm planning to upgrade filtration for sure
  8. K

Thanks for the info. It's a Volvo KAD44-B. My suspicion is dirty fuel and/or water in the fuel. The fuel in the Racor bowl was filled with debris and the on engine fuel filter had rust on the inside. One of the hazards of buying a used boat, far from home.
  9. K

Gentlemen, I'm finally having my injector pump overhauled (NW Fuel Injection Service $3900) I'd like to do some preventive maintenance on my fuel system to avoid this kind of catastrophe in the future. Have any members used a fuel conditioning service to clean up their tanks? Suggestions...
  10. K

Bosch injector pump repair/rebuild

It's off my boat's Volvo 44. Engine quit, won't prime, not air locked, filters new, edc is functional with no codes... It's pretty much down to the pump.
  11. K

Bosch injector pump repair/rebuild

Can anyone recommend a shop on the mainland to repair/overhaul a diesel injector pump. Thx
  12. K

Solar Panel Roadways...Pipe Dream or Reality?

It's a much better idea than the hydrogen highway. At least this one would work if you built it.
  13. K

Derby's Canuck emporium

That would be a satisfying outcome. AV must feel vindicated. He probably has a better chance of winning it all if he can get the Rangers there. His goaltender doesn't have "feet of clay" so to speak.
  14. K

Kicker for a heavy boat

FYI Folks, I went with a 15 hp merc pro kicker. (IMRINC gave me a smokin' deal BTW) Tried it out today, made 4.8 kts at 1/2 throttle ( still breaking it in ) Looks like it's going to be a gas miser as well. Thanks to all of you for your input, and special thanks to IMRINC.
  15. K

SFBC Forums are driving me insane LOL

Glad to hear others have this issue. I've thought of posting " I'm not a stalker, I've just got beat up fingers"
  16. K

Kicker for a heavy boat

Nice looking bracket. I'm trying to get in touch with him.
  17. K

Kicker for a heavy boat

I'd love to go the remote troll route, I just don't know if the Admiral will go for the extra cost. My wishful thinking aside, what's a good source for a bracket here on the mainland?
  18. K

Kicker for a heavy boat

My fears exactly. You folks have just saved me a potful of cash I would've spent on an inadequate motor. IMRINC, I've sent you a PM
  19. K

Kicker for a heavy boat

I'm looking for a kicker for a 28' 9000+ lbs boat. While some people tell me a 9.9 high thrust is all I need, others are talking 15, 20 hp. What do those of you with larger, heavier boats run as kicker motors? Thanks
Back