Search results

1. Aridhol

Tablet for navionics

Hey all, looking for recommendations for a tablet with built in gps around 8-10" (preferably android) for using navionics on the boat. I have a finder with charts but I like to run a track and mark/note stuff on the tablet and just keep the sonar on the finder screen. My old samsung tablet...
  2. Aridhol

Maybe dumb question about licenses

I have two sons, 5 and 8 and they need tidal licenses but do I really need to make individual profiles for these guys just to get them? Is there no family profile or something on the DFO site where I can add kids licenses?
  3. Aridhol

Last minute island trip or stay in Sooke?

Hey everyone, my wife is taking the kids away for the long weekend (31st to 3rd) so I find myself alone with the boat. I was hoping to get some suggestions on a quick trip somewhere on the island to do some long fishing days (with my luck). I would have the truck and trailer or if I could boat...
  4. Aridhol

Handy gear on the salt?

I just recently went over all the boat gear to make sure I had everything I needed safety wise after a courtesy stop by the RCMP on cowichan lake which I passed with one warning (no transport canada docs) and I obviously have my general fishing gear organized and complete but I was wondering if...
  5. Aridhol

Plastic / composite decking - 18ft aluminum

I was at the Victoria boat show today and one of the aluminum manufacturers had a deck made entirely of plastic or some composit material and I failed to get the name. It was a cream colour and about 5/8" or 3/4" thick and had a textured surface. I have an 18ft hewes with vinyl wrapped plywood...
  6. Aridhol

Winter Fixes & upgrades

I tried to resurrect an old thread for offseason upgrades but it seems to have been lost in the forum move so I'm starting a new one. Summer is still here but Winter is coming :). What upgrades & fixes are you folks going to be doing? What would you recommend everyone do or get? My...
  7. Aridhol

Washdown recommendation - 18ft hewescraft

What make/model does everyone recommend for a washdown system? I would be just spraying the deck down, washing off guts, debris etc... while out and about fishing. It would be salt water 95% of the time.
  8. Aridhol

Abe & Al no. 1 flasher

I just found this in my dad's old tackle box. Is it fished the same as any other flasher? Worth throwing in the box?
  9. Aridhol

Boat rescue off sooke

Taken from Facebook, credit to the SAR team. Anyone have more info?
  10. Aridhol

Boat graphics / decals - Recommendations?

I've had the boat about a year now and she's ready for her name. It's an 18ft Hewescraft aluminum. I want to get a name along each side with a 12x12 logo/graphic on each side of the bow. I'd like to get some recommendations for printing and applying the decals, preferably somewhere that will...
  11. Aridhol

Online retailer for gear?

My tackle box is looking a little empty and I want to pick up some staples like 30 & 40lb mono, swivels, clips, downrigger cable (stainless), single and treble hooks, beads, etc... What do people recommend for online retailers? I normally shop at trotac or wise buys but it'd be nice to shop...
  12. Aridhol

WTB: Landing Net

My landing net fell out of my boat today out off Beechy head and before I could turn around to retrieve it it was lost so I'm in the market for a new one. Wondering if anyone has one they'd let go for a good price or failing that, what people recommend for a new one?
  13. Aridhol

Scotty dual rod holder

I thought there was a scotty product that had a dual rod holder with a boom mount for downriggers but I can't seem to find it. Can someone help me locate this or tell me of this no longer exists? I have 2 1106's with single boom mount rod holders but I want to run 4 rods. If anyone has some...
  14. Aridhol

Tow vehicle advice

I find myself in need of a pickup for general tasks around the house (hauling lumber, garbage and random large items the wife finds on usedvic) and I thought while I'm at it I'd give my daily driver a rest (4cyl 4runner) and get a vehicle that would tow my boat. I have a 18ft hewescraft with 90...
  15. Aridhol

Waterline mark / staining on aluminum - Normal?

I recently purchased a new boat, 18ft hewescraft aluminum and for the first time I left it moored at a marina for the sidney derby (about 48 hours) and when I pulled it out and went to wash it I noticed some distinct darker coloration's. Just wondering if this is normal and not something I...
  16. Aridhol

Tough Boat shelter

I recently picked up an 18ft Hewescraft sportsman and unlike the old boat it doesn't fit in my Garage. I have room on the side of the house and a roadbase driveway is being put in there now but I'll need a shelter. I have looked at Canadian Tire, Home Depot and Costco and they all have...
  17. Aridhol

2 manual Scottys

I recently got two new electric riggers so I'm parting with my old manual crank ones. I don't actually know the model #'s but they both appear to have 20" booms. One has braid and one has stainless from last season. One has a tilt mount and one has a rod holder mount. I am open to offers...
  18. Aridhol

Trade lead for ball

I have 21lbs of lead from a garage cleanup id like to trade for a 15lb ball. Located in Victoria and would drop off https://imgur.com/L5EDBmE
  19. Aridhol

Fishing Log / Tracker

What, if anything does everyone use to track or log their fishing? i.e. depths, fish type/size, lures, area, tides etc.... Pen&Paper journal? Software? Spreadsheet? Notes on a plotter? Nothing at all that's what your memory is for?
  20. Aridhol

Looking for 2 Scotty 1106's with swivel base - Found

I am looking to pick up 2 of these used, drop me a line if you come across a pair.
Back