Search results

1. C

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Got this the other day at IKEA for $10, has holes in the bottom so easy to rinse your tackle right in there. Fits 2 flasher. The suction cups seem to be holding it on pretty tightly. I also put one in the cuddy for extra storage.
  2. C

Handling ,Packaging, Preparing ,Prawns ??

I buy deli freezer containers from Amazon, fill the container with the prawn tails and clean ocean water, keep in my cooler on ice until I get home then right in the freezer. To me they taste better than freshly cooked. They last a year easily in the freezer but I eat them well before then...
  3. C

Hydro lock Volvo Penta 4.3GL

I didn't see any water in the oil and my mechanic told me to take it for a 10 minute run to get the water out of it, ran well, checked oil when I got back and looks fine. Will still change the oil. Learned a few things thats for sure. Might remove the kill switch, what a pain in the butt
  4. C

Got it running after trying 2 times taking out the plugs and starting it multiple times to get the water out. Will take it for a quick ride once the tide is up and then change the oil. Hopefully I got lucky
  5. C

oil looks fine, just called AE marine and waiting to see what they suggest. Compression test was next on my list to do.
  6. C

Had some bad luck yesterday, out fishing at Kitty Coleman from Salmon Point, started the main to head back around 8pm, my son wanted to sit on my lap and help me steer the boat back, he took off his hat and put it in the side storage but he knocked off the kill switch and this was right as I was...
  7. C

Trailer repair Nanaimo

Just had my trailer pretty much rebuilt at Express custom trailer in Coombs, noticed they had lots of parts in stock and prices were much lower than what I've seen out there.
  8. C

2023 Campbell River Reports

Last 2 days fisheries checking guys at Salmon Point, few guys busted with wild Coho. They borded a few guys boats when they came into the marina and also checked guys on the way out of the parking lot. I'm honestly a bit suprised that so many guys keeping wild Coho.
  9. C

What's with the clipped coho?

fished Kitty yesterday 5 to the boat 1 was a Hatchery so netted him, the un clipped fish I use my pliers and pull the hook out while fish is still in the water beside the boat. I Never net them!
  10. C

Fishing around comox in July

Hi Mike, if you launch your boat out of Comox you can fish in front of point homes (easy to find on a map) or you could launch at Kitty Coleman and fish the humps, the launch at Kitty has no dock though but your really close to the humps which are already producing some nice fish! You can try...
  11. C

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Did you check to see if your kill switch thing came un attached? This happens to me sometimes and it just needs to be put on tighter and then she starts.
  12. C

2022 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Any recent reports? Heading up to Alder Bay resort this weekend, first time for us, we got the kids so don't want to venture to far, looking at targeting bottom fish and crab.
  13. C

Volvo Penta 4.3gl parts wanted

Hi is anyone parting out a Volvo Penta 4.3gl? Looking for some parts, please mesaage me if you are or know someone. Or does anyone know where to get used parts from? Thanks
  14. C

Poett nook fuel

The fuel price was $1.99/litre yesterday but I believe they mentioned it would go up next time the tank gets filled.
  15. C

Cuts of meat on sale

Maybe its just called Angus beef lol my bad, yes whole roast, still on sale was just there today at the Walmart in Courtenay, they had lots.
  16. C

Cuts of meat on sale

Walmart has Black Angus Prime rib on sale for $9.99/lb
  17. C

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Launching tomorrow at Union Bay, not sure Hornby or Lazo??? Any recent reports? Cheers.
  18. C

Smoked Salmon brine recipe wanted - without soya sauce

I use this same recipe and everyone raves over my smoked salmon the only thing I do different is I brine it for 2nights.
  19. C

2020 Kyuquot Reports

Heading to Kyuquot next week wondering if anyone has any recent reports? Thanks
  20. C

Pursuing Orca's too closely

So you don't think that the numerous residents that witnessed this shouldn't have called the DFO to report them? These guys pushed these Orcas up against the shoreline and pursued them for miles along beside them.
Back