Search results

1. mdub

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Easily fishable in a 18'.
  2. mdub

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Good day at the sandheads. Coulda had our limit on springs for 2 guys by 8 30 but lost a bunch. Ended up landing 3 between 12-18 lbs and losing close to double that. If we had stayed past 1 I think the limit would of happened. 50-66 on the riggers with choves.
  3. mdub

Its decent out. Minimal chop.
  4. mdub

Late response but it's easily fishable today! Little rough this morning but no problem right now 2 springs in the box at the sandheads. 55 feet with the choves.
  5. mdub

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

I was up in nootka in the 2nd week of August and fishing seemed pretty good for a bunch of people. Moutcha fish processing plant was always busy when we dropped fish off. We ended up with our limit on springs between 4 guys in 3 days of fishing. We fished mostly at hoiss for the morning bite...
  6. mdub

I heard someone on the dock saying the opening was all the way out to camel rock but that could just be a rumour. Even if that's the case hoiss should be beyond that and it was producing well.
  7. mdub

Was also in nootka August 7th-10th and staying at moutcha. Fishing was defs better early in the mornings for us. Wednesday night we picked off a few springs at hoiss on anchovies and down 60-90 feet which ended up being our 2 biggest at 21.5 and 20 lbs. Throughout the rest of the trip we caught...
  8. mdub

Be there this afternoon! Anyone been out yesterday or this morning?
  9. mdub

Hey guys. Gonna be heading back to moutcha bay resort for our 4th year in a row but this year we'll be heading up a couple weeks later (August 7th). Weve done very well in 2 if our 3 years but was just wondering how the fishing is at that time? Also how are the winds generally off the coast in...
  10. mdub

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I feel like I may of seen you out there. Were you running 4 rods? Saw a guy going solo and hit 3 fish pretty quickly and pack it in. We were out in the blue king Fisher. Landed 3 sockeye, lost 3 and landed a few undersized springs.
  11. mdub

We've found that a lot of the time with the sockeye you just need to crank them in once they break the surface. Get their head up and give them the old bass fishing technique unless they really turn and fight.
  12. mdub

Fished the south arm from 1 till 7 yesterday. Hooked 3 socks and landed them. Pretty slow for us besides a 20 minute frenzy. Fair ammount of jumpers closer to the high slack. Fish all at 60 feet with red flashers and pink hoochies in 150 feet of water.
  13. mdub

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished the sandheads today 8-3. Action was okay from 8 till about 9 30 ish then dead all day. Landed 2 borderline legal and released them, few hits that didn't stick and lost about a 15 lber right at the boat. Anchovies 45 and 60 ft.
  14. mdub

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I also live in ND and hoped we would get lucky with the wind but that wasn't the case on Monday. Got out to the lighthouse and turned back within minutes. Too much for my 18ft aluminum.
  15. mdub

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Stayed at moutcha bay from the 30th till the 2nd. Fishing was pretty good for us. Limited out on springs between 5 guys and the biggest being 29 lbs. Early mornings were hot for us and between 45-75 ft. Anchovies and hoochies worked best. Sorry for the sideways pic. Couldn't figure out how to...
  16. mdub

OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Only 14.5 ft. I'll be taking my boat out Sunday I think. Probably woulda been better off doing that today.
  17. mdub

To rough for my liking trying to get out to the sandheads right now in my buddies boat. Turned around and headed back to steveston.
  18. mdub

Fished Saturday, Sunday and Monday at the sandheads putting in an average of 10 hours each day. 1 small hatchery coho, Couple bigger wild coho and a couple hits that didn't stick. Few ppl seem to be getting them but I haven't had a hot day out there for a few weeks. Hopefully tomorrow after work...
  19. mdub

Slow today at the sandheads for me. Lost my lucky flasher right off the bat on what seemed to be a nice fish. Got it to the surface then the main line snapped. Should probably check my line more often. Might try again tomorrow.
  20. mdub

The weather was much nicer today than yesterday morning. Was a lil worried after reading a few reports of possible 20 knot winds. Fishing was much slower tho. No keepers, a few shakers and a couple good tangles. Didn't see as many big fish today on other boats either but hopefully some of you...
Back