Search results

1. Fishin'Zinn

2024 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Fished up by Quarry Bay Fri, Sat evening, Sunday morning. All undersized. No more than 2 per outing of a couple hrs each time, but consistent at least. Couldn't find a keeper Not much bait. But when we found it usually found fish. 140 - 220 was where all the action was, nothing shallow.
  2. Fishin'Zinn

2019 Haida Gwaii Reports

Great observations and anecdotes Ukee. Many opinions and countless factors on the political side, it's so tough! I'd rather fish, and delegate around 'worst case' scenario or possible realities than a best guess, estimate of a (possibly false/wait and see) positive view. I wish it was managed...
  3. Fishin'Zinn

2019 Haida Gwaii Reports

Slowest fishing I've ever experienced up there. It made me very sad... I never, never did expect it could become like that. Fishing up in Northern HG used to be just stupid, like, hardly get your bait in the water, stupid at times. Or fish biting a cut plug hanging over the gunnel. Polar...
  4. Fishin'Zinn

2019 Haida Gwaii Reports

^ Yup, Trollers are around right now! This time of year no doubt. I love looking at the AIS before I go... (Sign in as guest) http://vtslite.siitech.com/VTSLite/AView.aspx everyone is spread around which tells me a lot as well. They are around, but finding the bait suspended will be key. Good...
  5. Fishin'Zinn

2019 Haida Gwaii Reports

Any recent updates from Northern HG/ Langara? - Heading up to the top on Saturday, boats look like they're fishing the offshore commercial lanes typical for this time of year - Not heard of much lately, would appreciate it if anyone's been up
  6. Fishin'Zinn

Flounder, Halibut, Sole, OH MY!!!!!!

Caught Turbot while fishing for hali lots - Gross fish would personally never want to eat that - Yuck!!!
  7. Fishin'Zinn

Reel Sale

Some really good deals there. Nice to see there are still generous people out there that want rid of their extra stuff!!!
  8. Fishin'Zinn

FS: Amundson Theron MH 10'6" Rod & Heavy Shore Ugly Stick Combo

Clearing out some fishing rods I probably wont use as I have little time to fish now, have to prioritize! Both used for 1 or 2 outings. See the links. 1) SOLD Theron 10'6" Mooching Rod, barely used in excellent shape. Mega backbone. Pretty damn good rod, great to fight a good size fish on...
  9. Fishin'Zinn

Commander good deal Y/N?

If the hull and engines are in good shape that looks like a nice boat, few and far between if it's true
  10. Fishin'Zinn

2017 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

^ Thought you were going to try something drastic! That's what it takes sometimes. It's TOUGH out there. Didn't see a net today! That's a hike up there, too bad. Was at Epsom end of morning tide. Start of the flood, had an under on right away. And I think a legal long lined released by my...
  11. Fishin'Zinn

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It's bloody slow! Couple unders. One lost to a rookie, handful of undersized, moving around. No bait!!! Herring AND anchovy
  12. Fishin'Zinn

^ Jeez not to shabby eh! Nicely done. I've only fished Lang to Scotch Fir Pt. once (Got skunked, lol). If the wind is favorable to make the run I'll be trying it Saturday AM... Tough call to make, but will see ya out there. PS: Heard they've been catching those nasty escaped Atlantics from...
  13. Fishin'Zinn

What kind of Braided line??

Found sufix 832 on Amazon Prime for a pretty good deal recently. Awesome braid. Put it on a mooching reel to try it out vs mono, and a hali reel.
  14. Fishin'Zinn

Measuring halibut?

If it's not over the limit, usually fits in a standard net. If it doesn't good chance it's over. Rough measure over the side, if unsure then shes coming in the boat to measure with the tape. Bring it in, rub it's belly to calm it down (50% of the time, works every time I know lol), and...
  15. Fishin'Zinn

Taking a buddy out Saturday... Never fished this area early September, going to try Epsom / Bjerrie thinking it might be a little scratchy as it's been quiet. Tough when it gets to be a terminal fishery and you're based out of Pender Harbour! Hopefully there are a few stragglers around. Any...
  16. Fishin'Zinn

Stacking with a dummy flasher

I'm on the fence recently if in-lines do more harm than good in particular areas. I have success with both of course... Way more fun fighting with no flasher (worth it alone IMO), and I feel like I do better with just an anchovy or spoon on the rigger with a dummy below. When I fish locally...
  17. Fishin'Zinn

High Tech Jigging

Bumping this thread. Looking to try this on a fishing trip this weekend Does anyone know if I can find these Shimano Flat-fall Jigs in metro Vancouver? Been to Bass-pro, Wholesale, and nothing. Not tried smaller stores yet however. Thanks in advance
  18. Fishin'Zinn

Evinrude - Opinions and what years (or all to be avoided)

Looks like a pretty clean engine. If you do end up buying it (if it runs well, etc). Do some research on maintaining a 2-stroke, best oil to use, specifics etc and you should enjoy that for many years (well, enjoy most of it, except the smell maybe haha!)
Back