Search results

1. MonkeyWrench

1995 185 campion explorer @ Galleon Marine

I've seen that listing as well, the value is all in the motor. Of course the boat will have some problems it's 20 years old! That being said it's actually a steal when you figure what a new 115 fourstroke is worth these days. That motor is probably worth 11 grand on its own!
  2. MonkeyWrench

Boston Whaler Montauk with new Galvanized Trailer- $8500

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/bod/4459665302.html Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  3. MonkeyWrench

Marine gps android cell phone

^ yup navionics... $15 for US and Canada charts. Works great on my Galaxy S3.
  4. MonkeyWrench

furuno or lowrance?

Between lowrance and furuno i'd say it really depends what you will be doing with your boat. For simple fishing, Lowrance all the way. They are reasonably priced and very easy to just pick up and go with a simple, user friendly interface. Also with their structure scan paired with a...
  5. MonkeyWrench

yamaha hpdi

The HDPI's were great motors, until of course you have a problem. The hard part with them is that the repair nowadays usually is more than the net worth of the engine so rebuilds are much less common now than in past years. Unfortunately with those engines when they had a problem it was...
  6. MonkeyWrench

34 foot Searay Sedan bridge for sale or trade

Beautiful vessel! good luck with the sale, free bump for ya!
  7. MonkeyWrench

Wanted navionics card lowrance hds 5 gen 2

Galleon Marine Richmond parts@galleonmarine.com also if you've got a blank SD card at home, Lowrance just put out a huge firmware update for that unit, you can download it right from their site, copy the file to an SD card and start your HDS unit up with the card installed - it will...
  8. MonkeyWrench

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Hey guys, I'm heading out tomorrow for my first fishing day of the season, running a Campion 602, heading out of Vancouver Marina in Richmond. What's the best spot to start tomorrow morning if were looking for some salmon?
  9. MonkeyWrench

Outboard not starting quickly

Definitely check the plugs, at very least it will provide an indication that the engine is running equally on each cylinder, but i would expect the problem to be more fuel related. Yamaha's have a pretty bulletproof ignition system and I have to service the carbs quite regularly. Is there a...
  10. MonkeyWrench

Electronic upgrade

that is a very reasonable budget to work with to upgrade your system. Everyone knows the big brand names in GPS/Fishfinder stuff today: Raymarine, Lowrance, Furuno, Garmin, and to a lesser extent Hummingbird and Standard Horizon. In my opinion, Garmin and Lowrance are the two best for...
  11. MonkeyWrench

mechanic

What type of boat do you have? What power? What year? I may be able to help you. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  12. MonkeyWrench

Yami Kicker Problem

I've worked at a Yamaha dealership for 6 years, i have never replaced a CDI box on one of these motors. Can you provide me with a model number of your outboard? usually found on the port side of the transom bracket. If you want to confirm that the engine is in fact only running on...
  13. MonkeyWrench

Direct Fuel Injection ?

Agreed with the other guys above, good oil is you're cheapest insurance.
  14. MonkeyWrench

2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Hey guys I'm new on this forum, and actually pretty green at the ocean fishing. I've recently gained access to a small 17' Boston Whaler, and have been going out a couple times a week after work. The boat is outfitted with a Lowrance fishfinder and dual manual downriggers. So far I have...
Back