Search results

1. Salty

2019 Nanaimo Reports

I was out for a few hrs with my brother from Edmonton for his annual fishing visit. We had a great day out there releasing one undersized and 3 between 10-15lbs. All three larger fish at 180 on 4” homeland spoon in 300-500ft of water. Heading out for ling and prawns tomorrow!
  2. Salty

2019 Nanaimo Reports

So I’m looking to head out prawning off croften/tent island, and I can’t find any info about if there’s pulse fishing in the area this time of year. It looks to me like it’s just open, but it can be challenging for me to navigate the dfo site at times. Any info would be appreciated
  3. Salty

SOLD WTS: Flo-Jet raw washdown pump

I'll take it if you've still got it, pm sent
  4. Salty

Prawn traps wanted

I'm looking for a set of used stackable stainless traps, would prefer 30"-32". Looking for 8 for sure and maybe 12. Would prefer full setup with floats and rope, but just traps would be fine too. I'm in nanaimo but willing to pick up anywhere on the island. Also have a pair of electric scotty's...
  5. Salty

WTB Scotty 2106’s

I bought the last 2 2106's at the nanaimo store but there were 2 hp pro packs left for 539? I think unless they had more stock
  6. Salty

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Went out today 1-7, had a great day out there. Had about 20 of those pesky 8" fish, a couple wild coho, a 10 lb spring, and a nice orca show half way through, then after we pulled gear to head in, we were just putting away gear, and an orca came straight at the boat from about 100ft, dove, so we...
  7. Salty

Great Metallica tickets

Price drop $400!
  8. Salty

Great Metallica tickets

unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make the show on Monday night anymore. I've got a pair sec 215 row L which is row 12 right next to the stage. I'm into them for 500 so would like to get that back out of them. Feel free to message me or text 250-619-1138, tickets in nanaimo but willing...
  9. Salty

Stolen Outboard

Eyes are peeled here too, sorry to hear, mine was almost stolen last month too but luckily their cutters couldn't get through my throttle cables, cut all the other ones though
  10. Salty

Cooler rack suggestions

Outboard yes, pod no. But I did go to hc and grabbed a mustad one, but then got home and realized pnt carries the reliable fish bag, and I like the shape and size better so going to return the mustad
  11. Salty

Cooler rack suggestions

What's a fish bag? Is it insulated? I've got a great area in the bilge, I was thinking about making a cooler for it but it's only 13" of clearance so figured by the time you account for materials , there wouldn't much room left for fish.
  12. Salty

Cooler rack suggestions

So I've got a 176 double eagle, I'm looking to have a rack for a large cooler built between the rear jump seats, above the splash well. Any suggestions on who to go to, or anybody on here willing to build me one? I'm in nanaimo, I'm looking for something simple I can just strap the cooler to...
  13. Salty

2017 Nanaimo Reports

I was out for a few hours last night 5-8 and managed a 9#, lost another keeper before seeing it, and a handful of undersized. We were 120-150 in 400 feet of water. Homeland 3.5" spoon was the ticket as per usual, but tried one of those new Peets spoons and it had some hits right away too...
  14. Salty

Kicker security measures

So I had somebody cut all the cords and cables to my kicker, but luckily they couldn't get through the throttle cable, or got spooked, and left the motor on the boat. My question is, what do you guys do/use to secure your kickers? Mines mounted to a fixed aluminum bracket. Look forward to seeing...
  15. Salty

6hp mercury 4 stroke

Ya it is
  16. Salty

6hp mercury 4 stroke

Also willing to trade straight up for a Scotty 2106
  17. Salty

Gas cans, Scotty stuff, pfd's

Marine gas tanks $20 obo ea Reg gas cans $10 Scotty stuff and Berkeley rod holder, open to offers Life jackets are from left to right, size small, extra small, and child. Open to offers on those too. Also huge igloo cooler, latches are broken but still seals nicely and works great for fishing. $60
  18. Salty

Garmin 421s with chart card

Works well, just came with boat and I don't need it, $200
  19. Salty

6hp mercury 4 stroke

i believe it's a 2000, it starts first pull and runs great! Includes 2.5 gallon tank and hose. Asking $600 obo
  20. Salty

2017 Nanaimo Reports

That algae has been crazy bad! We did manage 5 Friday night between 6:30-8pm but scunked sat and 1 Sunday. Ended up losing some gear after getting tangled in a prawn trap that had a small foam float that I couldn't see until I was on it, but all in all a pretty good weekend, hopefully we get...
Back