Search results

1. bigmeal

1991 Sea Ranger 17

It was great to meet you, I hope you will enjoy the test drive tomorrow. I think I am going to cry seeing her go, but my son has got a grin from ear to ear knowing that we will be getting dirt bikes together. I will miss this boat a lot.
  2. bigmeal

1991 Sea Ranger 17

bump bump bump
  3. bigmeal

1991 Sea Ranger 17

Hi guys, I am selling my Sea Ranger cause I just can't find anymore time to fish with my kids's sports ect. It's hard to let something go that I worked my but off for, but my family comes first. I will post the link to my Used Victoria advertisement. Just e-mail or call me from the...
  4. bigmeal

Area 19/20 SFAB meeting - Victoria/Sooke - Sheraton 7:30 this Wednesday (16th)

I went to my first meeting and it was fairly eye opening. Thanks to those who put all the time and effort in so that the most of us can enjoy this fishery and many others around the island.
  5. bigmeal

Down rigger tips

Thanks TBG, I will use that knot. Way stronger and better than what I am currently using.
  6. bigmeal

Down rigger tips

hey Highliner, I have never really had any problems with line twisting because I use balls with fins and as far as the mono getting knotted up, 200 lb test mono solves the issue. Yes it wraps a couple times sometimes, but nothing more. All the gear is just out of the water with no clip to...
  7. bigmeal

Down rigger tips

I run a dummy flasher as well at times and have never had an issue of it tangling. The ball obviously pulls straight down and your gear is attached to the clip up 6 feet from the ball. I really don't see how it would tangle unless you were running the dummy off of the line and not the ball...
  8. bigmeal

Salmon Fishing Seminar Update

LOL. he wishes. They went away for the whole weekend, I think he got fish on the brain LOL. Nonetheless, I can bring the ticket to the door if someone needs one to get in. Just let me know by pm or e-mail
  9. bigmeal

Salmon Fishing Seminar Update

I also have a ticket available as my buddy can't make it cause he forgot it was his wife's birthday. Ooops! Lol
  10. bigmeal

Extra ticket for the salmon fishing seminar

I have an extra as well. My buddy couldn't make it and so it is available. Let me know ASAP.
  11. bigmeal

Down rigger tips

Hey red monster, it's there cause if you put it before the big mono knot, it would jamb up into the pulley. It has to be after if at all. I really isn't hat neccesary in hind sight with this set up. I haven't lost a clip in a year or so since I started using this set up
  12. bigmeal

Down rigger tips

Here are some pictures and no photography is not what I do for a living LOL. Make sure that if you use this kind of set-up that you have enough line for booms fully extended so that it doesn't pull the clips off the ends. The ideal length is for the ball to just be in the water or just out...
  13. bigmeal

Petition Against Net Pen Salmon Farms!

Done done done
  14. bigmeal

Down rigger tips

I don't know if many of you guys saw the Sport Fishing BC's episode where he was up in the Charlottes and showed a way to use 200 lb test mono instead of gagnion line. He took 12' and folded it in half and knoted the one end (acts as the stopper) and the other two free ends had the clip for the...
  15. bigmeal

Reels for sale

Reels have been sold!!!
  16. bigmeal

Sooke Reports - Fall and Winter 2011/2012

Fished the trough today and scraped up one 7 lber. Beauty day out there though. Mint tulip scraping the bottom for a few hours.
  17. bigmeal

Reels for sale

bump......
  18. bigmeal

Reels for sale

Hey Newfisherman, I just called and left a message.
  19. bigmeal

Seagull Motor Value?

Thanks for posting that. Mine is in somewhat similar shape. The tank has a decent ding in it and it has been used. Given how old I was told it was and we did indeed use it as often as we could in the lake with our canoe, I think it's pretty good. I imagine by your description that you are...
  20. bigmeal

Reels for sale

I am located in west shore area.
Back