Search results

1. D

Maybe good for off shore fishing

I have nothing to do with this boat but I do own a Hewescraft 200 searunner and I like it. Just thought I post it, if someone was interested. http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/boa/3786474649.html
  2. D

Lucky Kayaker

The photo was taken at the entrance to Katlian Bay at the end of the road in Sitka , Alaska . The whale is coming up to scoop up a mouthful of herring (the small fish seen at the surface around the kayak). The kayaker is a local Sitka Dentist. He apparently didn't sustain any injuries from...
  3. D

Another Prop Question

This is what I have, 2006 Yamaha F150 4 stroke Manual say’s 5000-6000rpm Full Throttle Operating Range (Maximum Output 150hp @ 5500rpm) I like the 5500 figure better than the 6 grand one, we’re talking a 4 stroke outboard here not an indy car. When we first got the boat in 2008 it would hit...
  4. D

Shimano Canadian Custom Series CC-405PH Rods

I have a couple of the CC-405PH rods bought back in the 90's and would like another one, which is highly unlikely now days but does anyone know of something that would come close to them or equal them? Dennis
  5. D

PFD's if you're interested

We were at Steveston Marine and Hardware (Langley) today and bought a Mustang #3154 Auto Hydrostactic with Harness for $278 + tax (list price from Steveston was $438..........ya I know about list price) but thought it wasn't that bad of a deal, we bought two Mustang #3153 (without harness) last...
  6. D

Zeballos - Tahsis Driving Question

Is it possible to drive from Tahsis to Zeballos? I know you can go back from Tahsis to just about Gold River, take the gravel road to Vernon then on to Woss on Hwy #19, then down to Zeballos, but would like to know if there is a route over/through the mountains directly from Tahsis to Zeballos...
  7. D

14 1/2ft Princecraft for sale

First off, I'm just posting this for a friend, so any questions please contact him. 14 1/2ft Princecraft (late 1990's) 25 Honda 4st (2003) tiller steer VHF marine radio 12 1/2 gal built in fuel tank Hummingbird depth sounder/fish finder (no gps) 2 scotty electric downriggers battery swivel...
  8. D

Tide question for Nootka Sound

If you have a high/low tide reading for "Saavedra Islands" .........(lighthouse area) what is the difference in the time for Head Bay or the Moutcha Bay area?
  9. D

Boat Purchase Question

Last year I bought a Hewescraft 200 SeaRunner from a private person not a dealer. Purchase was in July 2009 and I just received a notice from the Minister of Finance that I owe the 7% tax on it since I transfered boat licence to my name. I always thought private deals were exempt. I understand...
Back