Search results

1. C

What are they fishing?

Taken the ferry this morning from Nanaimo to horseshoe bay. They had to be 8 sports boats basically fishing right in the middle of the straight. We weren't close enough to see if they were trolling. They seemed to be boats coming from both the island and Vancouver. Any guess to what they would...
  2. C

Port Renfrew

So we are looking to go up to Port Renfrew tmrw. After hearing all the reports that Renfrew is good fishing right now. Buddy looked at the tides4fishing and the fish active is very low. Does anyone go by these websites or are they just guessing as well. We are in Shawnigan so long drive to go...
  3. C

Charter for group?

Anyone know of a boat that can take 6 adults and three small kids in the victoria sooke area?
  4. C

Rockfish area 20

Can you keep rock fish in area 20 after sept 30. The regs are a little confusing. One says areas 12-20, you can keep 1 and it looks like it's closed sept 30th. Then the other says area 20-27 you can keep 3 and fish year round? Any help would be great. Thanks
  5. C

Ground fish

I was thinking about going out of pedder bay this week and trying for some ground fish and crabs... Any tricks for targeting cabazon? The only time I have caught them was with a buzz bomb jigging the kelp beds. Is this frowned upon seeing that most of the fish you catch is rockfish and they are...
  6. C

Fog out of Sooke and Pedder Bay

Is there any way to see if the fog has lifted in the area before going out fishing. I am going to be traveling from Shawnigan and would hate to get down there and find out I can get out on the water because the fog hasn't lifted. Thanks for the tips!
  7. C

Newbie questions about weather?

I have been living on the island for 8 years now and generally get a charter every year and load up the freezer with fish. I saw that pedder bay rents boats and I would love to give it a try for myself! Having talked to the people at pedder bay it sounds like they will direct you right direction...
Back