Search results

1. C

What are they fishing?

I had never really noticed any in the middle of the straight fishing before. Found it really weird that there was 8-10 boats there. Thanks for the replies!
  2. C

What are they fishing?

Taken the ferry this morning from Nanaimo to horseshoe bay. They had to be 8 sports boats basically fishing right in the middle of the straight. We weren't close enough to see if they were trolling. They seemed to be boats coming from both the island and Vancouver. Any guess to what they would...
  3. C

Dogfish?

Forgot to mention that I did soak in milk. It was over night so I was wondering if that was too long.
  4. C

Dogfish?

Keep one once... Not bad tasting I did find the meat a little soft. It wasn't to bad to clean. I have watched a couple videos where you peel the skin right off. I tried two different cooking methods. Made fish and chips and wrapped with prosciutto. Would I keep the next time I catch I don't...
  5. C

What's for dinner tonight ?

After fishing yesterday, figured I would cook up some of the coho I caught. Along with Roy I was out picking last week and found some lobsters as well. So the final dish was a curried mustard cream sauce with some of my pasta. Damn tasty!! By the way Wolf love the fresh pasta that you are...
  6. C

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Out in 500+ ft of water of the head between 830-3. We had our limit of coho for the three of us by 12. Surprised we only had to release one wild one to find the last hatch. Everything was working coho killers, anchovies. Tried for some lings with no luck. Looking forward to getting out again...
  7. C

Port Renfrew

Wasn't to bad of a day. A couple nice teenager springs, a couple clipped coho. Like everyone was saying fishing wasn't red hot but we got some nice fish for the freezer!
  8. C

Port Renfrew

We will fill you in and let you know how we did. Thanks for the input!
  9. C

Port Renfrew

So we are looking to go up to Port Renfrew tmrw. After hearing all the reports that Renfrew is good fishing right now. Buddy looked at the tides4fishing and the fish active is very low. Does anyone go by these websites or are they just guessing as well. We are in Shawnigan so long drive to go...
  10. C

New recycle fees

I own a small business here on the island. We produce pasta and put in plastic retail bags for small in grocer stores. If you don't sign up for this program some retailers won't even look at your product. Good thing for me I don't make enough yet for them to charge me anything.
  11. C

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Checked out Pedder Bay today, limited out. Couple fair size, couple just above limit and one nice one!! All right on the bottom, anchovies out fished the hoochies. Could have not asked for a nice day out on the water in January.
  12. C

Victoria 2013 Reports

I was out with a charter today for halibut, slow for the halibut tons of dog fish. At the very end got one 52lbs halibut. Made it worth it! Could have not asked for a nicer day for the middle of November.
  13. C

Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

Here are a couple pics from Monday. One of the fish was just packed full on anchovies and a little salmon! Enjoy
  14. C

Thanks Adler. They were unreal today, I am really new to the game out there and it was tough to tell if it was the chop or the or shakers on the line. We must have pulled up 10 or so of them.
  15. C

We were out from 11-230 in-between church rock and rack rocks and only managed to get 2 wild and one hatchery cohos in the boat. We lost three at the surface by the boat... Lots of little guys about a foot long. Is that what everyone is referring to shakers or feeders?? They all hit different...
  16. C

Charter for group?

Thanks everyone... I did try the Crab Shack, he said it just was too many people to comfortably fish on his boat. The Spring Tide has a boat big enough, but the captain is off for the thanksgiving weekend. They did call around to see if they could find one but no luck... We are just going to...
  17. C

Charter for group?

Thanks I will give them a call in the morning!
  18. C

Charter for group?

Thanks! I figured it might be a bit of a stretch, but it never hurts to ask around.
  19. C

Charter for group?

We were going to do that, but we would like to ideally stay on one boat if we can.
  20. C

Charter for group?

Ya I talked to one guy and he suggested the rig... But I guess he blew a motor and its being worked on right now. I looked at Fantasea nice party boat but would like to focus more on the fish.
Back