Search results

1. D

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Got to second the FG knot for braid to mono. I have been using it for trolling - 60lb braid with 60 ft of 30lb ultragreen. great hook set and smooth through the guides. I also use it on all my jigging reels. You just have to watch the first turn of the braid to hit the guide on the way out. It...
  2. D

2008 Northwest Aluminum 20 ft. center console for sale

Well equipped and maintained vessel located on Gabriola. Having trouble uploading pictures, but message me and I will email some.
  3. D

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

When I was a lad, I fished there regularly with my dad. It was known as rhe coppermine.
  4. D

2019 Nanaimo Reports

I think there are a lot more interesting questions than weight. Where do they come from? What are they eating? What is eating them? Do they have a vaible habitat to return to and reproduce? Big fi$h are exciting, but way sown my list of what is important
  5. D

Radar

Hello Bobby I have an older Si-tex T150 unit. If you are still looking give me a call or text me at 250 616 8087
  6. D

2018 Nanaimo Reports

Like meny others I am catching a lot of coho, most un-clipped My strategy has been to fish big plugs fast and deep. I hate driving big hooks into those beautiful fish and hoping they survive. How many of the hatchery coho are clipped? I have heard funding prevents them from marking them all.
  7. D

2018 Nanaimo Reports

All alone outside entrance reef for the low slack. Hard to find a legal ling, so fished the outside 160 ft contour with 190 ft of string out. One good fish around 20, then nada. Big green and blue hoochie .
  8. D

2018 Nanaimo Reports

Did well in the deep east of Entrance today. Plugs and spoons with 220 ft of string out. Released many just legal waiting for smiley. She never came .
  9. D

stern flat steering wheel??

Hello Wolf I am looking for a 1.7 c in helm pump to put in a rear steering station if that is what you have and if it is still available. Thanks Dave
  10. D

2016 Nanaimo Reports

I agree that there is the odd fish off Nanaimo, but this is not the middle of May we have seen the past few years. I fished the morning tide and right through to sunset yesterday, from Snake to Lantzville. Not a lot of feed showing on my sounder. Hit a couple up on the border of the forbidden...
  11. D

2016 Nanaimo Reports

Spent Friday morning off the Fingers - starvation until I went out really deep. Got two about 10 lbs in 1000 ft around low water. Green hoochie and small green Tomi spoon. Large herring in them. Great weather.
  12. D

2015 Nanaimo Reports

Got a nice 15 lb white spring on the mid-day tie change at Thrasher. Nothing remarkable until my buddy palmed his brand new trophy reel on its first run and both the handles of the reel few off. After the surprise he brought it to the boat by turning the spool with his forefinger. No danger of...
  13. D

What to do with white spring

I think they are great sauteed in a medium hot pan of butter (or duck fat if you are lucky) infused with fresh thyme. Remember there is one sin God will not forgive - overcooking fish. Goes double for white spring.
  14. D

Sockeye in JDF

I have heard of a run of sox to lake Washington about now. Early Stuarts are noted for hugging the shore at Sooke . Mostly smaller fish but I have seen the odd big one.
  15. D

squid in Barkley Sound

Hello Smiley Many years ago I was anchored in Mayne Bay and noticed a large school of opal squid under a fairly bright light over the stern. We had no nets or jigs, but my wife managed to catch them with a kitchen sieve tied on the end of a pole- they were thick. I imagine that a fine mesh...
  16. D

Nanaimo Area

Thrasher this evening Outside Thrasher was good this evening on the tide change. 3 1/2 in coyote in a faded sort of army truck pattern (don't know the name) was working at 130 ft. Saw some nice looking arches at 50 ft but could get no bites on them.
  17. D

Gulf Islands 2012

I gave the out side of Porlier, south for a mile of so, a good rub yesterday from the mid morning through the slack tide. Needed to watch for 7 inch juvenile chinook attacking my 4 inch anchovies, but was rewarded by a 20 lbs male red spring at 120 ft, just before the tide change. Not much on...
  18. D

Wanted-Radar, GPS and Kicker

SiTex Radar I have a SiTex T150 radar with an MRT145 scanner I have been meaning to post for sale somewhere. It has all the gear needed to install. It is an older unit but works fine. I don't know what it is worth but we could ask around if you are interested. Send me a message if you are...
  19. D

Si-Tex T150 Marine Radar $700

Complete and ready to install. Mono LCD display. 1/8 to 16 NM range. Located on Gabriola. I can bring it to VI (Nanaimo area) for demo. email dlightly@shaw.ca
  20. D

Port Alberni-Chinook numbers/managment

Good issue to highlight. Summer Steel's review of the situation at Robertson Creek is right on. I would like to add that the natural productive capacity of the Sommass system, including the estuary, is something doesn't get enough attention. We know from thermal marking that only 5% of the...
Back