Search results

1. scobo

Salmon / sturgeon / bottom fish rods / reels couple flatfish

Hi There, clearing out some unused rods (all prices firm). 1) Sturgeon / bottom fishing rod - 7' 20-40lb line - $50 (never used) 2) Qty (2) River / lake / ocean casting rods - both Shimano's one 8-17lb, one 12 - 20lb - $50 (in very good condition) 3) Qty (3) Okuma level wind sturgeon / lake...
  2. scobo

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

On my way tomorrow with my wife and two boys also for the first time. Good news is my sons only care if there is fishing off the docks. I hope the past two commie openings have left us some fun. Will report back with results. Will be there from sat noonish through tue and have more gear then...
  3. scobo

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Little late on the update due to a hectic weekend. Made it out Friday to the vancouver harbor. Fished from about 6am till 1030 or so Friday. managed to get two decent springs and 5 coho. Lost one something close to the boat and had a few other hits. Bait and white hoochie for me. Deepest i...
  4. scobo

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

fished south saturna yesterday. lots of small shakers (i mean lots, put the bait away and still all over the spoons), and a few big shakers. nothing legal.
  5. scobo

its translucent glow white patches, not sure they are called white turds (that would probably be reason to visit the doc). if i had the patience to paste a picture on this browser i would but think you get it. this was the ticket up at the top of the island in deep water. 200-225 on the...
  6. scobo

just a little tip on the turd too....get a blue flashing light and insert it in the hoochie....we fished one with and one without...the light was 2:1. we called it blinky. i found the blue light from the tackle shop in port coquitlam. Berry's might have them too but has to be a blue light we...
  7. scobo

Headed up to Moucha Bay Resort with my wife and 9 and 11 year old boys this year for the first time (Aug 19-22). I fish a bunch around Vancouver area and usually head to Winter Harbour with the buddies but the guilt trip hit hard this year because the kids just love to fish and have done pretty...
  8. scobo

OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

just got back from south arm. fished from 7 until little after 9. no luck for me short of one lost and a couple hits. newbe then pulled out banana bread...after knowing no bananas....need to be clearer next time.
  9. scobo

i find they usually take the meat first then like the bling. sorry...i couldnt help that one.
  10. scobo

little late on the update. managed to get in 2 hours wed night with my buddies at south arm. started fishing at 5ish. managed to get 4 nice springs. few other shakers. saw huge schools of sockeye. probably as many as they say are returning in total. what an amazing calm night. whales all...
  11. scobo

Finally got out for springs sat morning. dropped the lines at sandheads at around 745 and ended with 6 decent springs in the box by 930. I got my 7 yr old to manage to reel in his two thanks to putting the mooching reels away and giving it a go with the penns. 14 to 17 lbs. all but one were...
  12. scobo

Winter Harbour Report

got them lined up...now in process of cleaning out the excess Costco inventory from the freezers. LOL.
  13. scobo

Winter Harbour Report

I finally broke down and booked a 3 day charter with Greg at the Outpost and Rob at Qualicum River Resort for my dad and I for his father's day gift. Although i usually don't have much trouble catching fish in the Vancouver area its time to break out of my shell and go deep for some flatties...
  14. scobo

Finally! I got the boat out fishing. I'm a little slow on this update thanks to work. Managed to get the kids out sat morning early. Fished the west van shoreline shallow to mid depth. was really slow (dead slow until about 9) then started to get a little action in the last couple hours...
  15. scobo

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

omg! Mutant sockeye! Adam's boy mixed in. how big was that one? biggest I saw personally was 16lbs caught by my father in law about 10 years ago.
  16. scobo

Flasher and Apex Hockey Sticks

I fished with a guy years ago that ran the small apex off an 11" flasher for coho. Couldn't keep them off the day we were out. and short leader too. about 36". Didn't make sense to me but coho do like a fast action.
  17. scobo

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Finally!!!! Got out with the kids on a dead calm day when the fish cooperated. Woke the 6 & 8 year old boys up shortly after 6 am this morning and headed to sand heads. Lines in the water by a little after 8. 12 in the cooler by 10am. A few double headers too. nothing like watching a 6 & 8...
  18. scobo

charter out of Horseshoe Bay

David (ie predator). Also try Sewells marina and ask for Chris. he is a serious fisherman and those are the two boats i look for when i go out...and been with them both years ago with clients. Either of those two would be my personal top two at going on a charter with out of horseshoe bay...
  19. scobo

Nikka in Richmond is closing...October 31

That sucks. I loved Nikka as there prices were fair and they had all the good local stuff. Bass pro is cool and all but chain shops usually don't understand the local gear or have the staff that knows whats going on locally. I hate chain shops. Unless, they hire someone from here to manage...
Back