Search results

1. Enniberg

Cannon electric downriggers - 5 units

5 units - various models. Two (2) were fully functional when last used - the other 3 have issues, could be fixed or used for parts. Selling as a lot for $390 OBO. Located in Port Alice.
  2. Enniberg

Best knot for downrigger braid?

Wondering which knot you guys are using to tie downrigger braid to the swivel, used by many of us as a stopper? I have been using the palomar knot, and for a long time and that has worked well and never failed. However, lately, I have had two instances where it looks to me like the knot slipped...
  3. Enniberg

Dual fuel filters - will it work?

Decided to pull out the fuel tanks on my boat (48 gal main tank and two 9 gal saddle tanks) to clean them up. I was horrified to see how much junk and sludge was floating around on the bottom of the tanks and decided to replace pretty much everything - fuel lines (almost 50 feet), filler hoses...
  4. Enniberg

Diesel truck tuning - worth it?

I recently purchased a 2006 Silverado Duramax (LBZ). I have learned that there are are quite a few diesel owners that tune their diesels. My truck is bone stock, and I only care about longevity and fuel economy, the truck already has ample power. Figuring there are lots of diesel truck owners on...
  5. Enniberg

Looking for used truck buying advice

Considering a slightly newer truck – hoping for some advice on what to look for and what to stay away from I am seeking some advice because I am not really a truck guy, I have had the same old 1991 GMC 2500 4x4 for a number of years. It really is a nice, dependable truck that served me well for...
  6. Enniberg

ISO Halibut anchoring setup

Looking for a halibut anchoring setup, suitable for a 21' boat. Thought I would check here before buying new. Thanks!
  7. Enniberg

Making your own SALT ICE - does anyone here do it?

If so, how do you go about doing it? I understand that commercial salt ice is not sea water, but drinking water with salt added. Is there as reason for not just freezing sea water? I used to have the luxury of being able to access salt ice easily, but that is no longer the case unfortunately.
  8. Enniberg

Radar mounting ideas

I am looking for ideas how to mount a radome on this boat without spending hundreds on a Scanstrut or similar radar mount. Boat has a skip tower. Anyone have ideas or pictures to share?
  9. Enniberg

Garmin vs Navionics charts....

I have learned that Garmin has acquired Navionics. Whether that means that Garmin charts will start looking like Navionics, or the other way around, I don't know, but I hope it is the former. those of you on here who are using Garmin - do you like the look of their charts? Personally I find it...
  10. Enniberg

Arima Fixed Mount Kicker Bracket

I decided to put a new kicker on my boat. Was going to get a fixed mount bracket directly from Arima, but they are not able to deliver on a short notice. I think I recall there used to be someone on the Island that was making Arima specific brackets, although I cant' remember who that was. Does...
  11. Enniberg

TrollMaster Kicker remote control

I am pretty close to deciding on purchasing a new kicker - based on feedback to my earlier thread regarding which kicker, it basically came down to Suzuki or Tohatsu -the only ones offering EFI at this time. I am hearing a lot of good things about TrollMaster for remote controlling and am now...
  12. Enniberg

Dog hair jamming the bilge pumps

Our big chocolate lab is nearly always with us on the boat as he loves being on the water. Unfortunately he sheds as so many dogs do, and since the boat is not a self bailing design, it all ends up in the bilge where it jams the bilge pumps. I don't see a way to stop the hair from entering the...
  13. Enniberg

Kicker recommendation for my Arima

I am considering putting a new kicker for my Arima. What is the best option available now? I currently have a Yamaha T8 25" shaft. It is a good motor, but it does not have power tilt which basically means it hardly ever gets used. It is just not convenient and hard on my back, especially with...
  14. Enniberg

More misc. stuff

Clearing out the storage - some items are not boat stuff. I am in Coquitlam. Pick up only. Michigan Wheel aluminum prop for Honda - I believe it is 13.75 x 15. One tiny nick in on blade and a bit of paint peeling, but a great prop. $20 or some good beer. AWG 4 tinned marine battery cables...
  15. Enniberg

Misc. items

Clearing our some stuff that I have no use for. Furuno chartplotter/sounder. Dated for sure, but at my asking price of a six pack, or 20 bucks, it may be good for someone? Comes with antenna, cables manual and Puget Sound chart cartridge. Stainless steel Garelick kicker bracket, rated for...
  16. Enniberg

Pirate's Den LED's

I have read a fair bit about Pirate's Den LED's here and wanted to share my own experiences. Over the past 2 weeks in Ukee I have tried out the red flashing LED in a brown turd hootchie, and I can testify that it catches fish. Dragged them in the mud and spread over 2 trips it landed 7 halibut...
  17. Enniberg

How to tell if a Chinook is red, white, or marbled?

I am wondering if there is an easy way to tell if a Chinook is red, white, or marbled - without harming the fish? I honestly don't care for the white or marbled fish, and since they are often big, it becomes a bit of a pain to consume them. We will keep any legal fish that is bleeding, but if...
  18. Enniberg

Wanted: Cheap 3/4 Ton Truck

I am trying to find an inexpensive older 3/4 ton truck to pull my boat around for the next year or two -not looking to spend much more than 3K - less is better! :rolleyes: Needs to be dependable and without major issues. Lower mainland, or Vancouver Island. Just putting this out there in case...
  19. Enniberg

What is wrong with my T8 - need some input

My Yamaha T8 has been very easy to start and always ran very smootly. That is until last weekend - I had been using it for trolling for a couple of hours, but then after using the main to move from one spot to another, it suddenly was very hard to start, and when it finally ran, it appeared...
  20. Enniberg

Arima 17 Sea Chaser, Yamaha F90 & T8

My Arima is up for sale. http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/boa/3568817131.html
Back