Search results

1. Silver Tip

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Wow! What an epic day I had with this young proguide and his dad. I work at a lodge with him in Haida Gwaii but under the current circumstance this season the lodge has decided to remain closed so we decided to exercise our skills locally...and what a day it was...No lie...we landed and released...
  2. Silver Tip

2x Islander MR2LA Mooching reels (Gold) $500/per

Hello Trevor, Please contact me regarding the sale of these reels. Thanks,
  3. Silver Tip

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Landed this nice White Chinook this afternoon at high slack off of the North Arm...standard anchovy set up at 60' in 100' of water...beauty of a day out there today...
  4. Silver Tip

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

...resort guide boats heading out for their evening session...looking good...creating a presence...
  5. Silver Tip

...was over at Thrasher and Grande today...one under size...no algae...lots of sea weed...big tide change. Beautiful day on the water...
  6. Silver Tip

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just wondering where you launched and what were the launch fees if any?
  7. Silver Tip

Vancouver Trap Theft/Raid Insantity 2017 Thread.

yup...same here...the VPD needs us to provide as much info as possible so they can handle the theft and we can keep fishing...
  8. Silver Tip

...go to www.stolenboats.ca ... links ... Vancouver Police ... I'm hoping for a more direct link soon ... This Marine Site has been developed by the members mentioned on the 'about us' tab. They work their small division to the best of their underfunded capabilities. With more communication to...
  9. Silver Tip

This has recently been posted...
  10. Silver Tip

...great day on the water...fishing solo...landed and released 8 legal Chinook all between 8 and 10 lbs...6 in the morning at Thrasher and 2 in the evening at the QA...also released this coho at Thrasher this morning...first coho of the season for me...Great day!
  11. Silver Tip

...so I ventured out on Tuesday morning to take advantage of the calm water before the weather hit later in the afternoon...dropped prawn traps off South Bowen and fished around the Tunstall area...nothing much to speak of there so headed further south to the lower end of the Hump where we got...
  12. Silver Tip

2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

Update from Gold River...the new docks at the boat launch are looking lonely...looking forward to using them...
  13. Silver Tip

OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I've seen it a few times... it's the new chase boat of the VPD Marine Division and has been given the name, Larry Young. It's a custom RHIB built by Titan on Vancouver Island. At the moment I believe it's powered by twin 300 Evinrude outboards...it's an amazing vessel and very fast but as a one...
  14. Silver Tip

OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I hear rumours of a few decent Chinook being taken in Area 29-3 south of the North Arm...just rumours mind you...no pics.
  15. Silver Tip

OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished the Bell Buoy this morning off of Point Grey...4 dog fish...one slightly undersized Chinook...anchovies
  16. Silver Tip

Nootka

I was chatting with the owners of Tuta, Larry and Shirley a while back...they sell bait, have showers, pit toilets and cold storage for yer fish...looking forward to spending some time there soon...
  17. Silver Tip

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Found some action around the Thrasher area today...not within the crowd of boats however...released 5 slightly undersized fishing 120' on the DR quite a bit S of the rock...moved N of the rock...dropped the lines to 140' on the DR...kept 2 legal springs taken on bait...glad it flattened out for...
  18. Silver Tip

Pretty lazy afternoon on the Hump...picked this one up on the slack in the late afternoon...nice little red...a couple of 6" herring in his belly
  19. Silver Tip

"The Hump" : looking at a nav chart you might notice a large area south of Bowen where the contours indicate a significant rise of the seabed...I usually fish the side contours...not often over the top contour. Tide sensitive?...it can be...I prefer the slack and lesser tides. VHF...I prefer...
  20. Silver Tip

Fished the Hump this morning from 9 till mid day...picked up these two on anchovies between 100 and 150 feet...beauty of a day!
Back