Search results

1. Da Bay Bye

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Hull is 1988 I thnik.
  2. Da Bay Bye

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Time to sell my 16.6 K&C Thermoglass 1988 hull, 2018 Honda 60 HP with less than 60 hours, Nice solid boat, always well maintained. Roadrunner trailer with rollers, 2 Scotty 2106 HP downriggers and a Lowrance Elite 5 fishfinder with chip. Located in Comox. Asking $17,000.
  3. Da Bay Bye

Storing Tomic plugs

You can buy plastic storage cases at Dollarama in their tool section. They will hold 6 large plugs each.
  4. Da Bay Bye

Tip of the hat to Boatland Campbell River techs

I was having some problems with my newer 60 HP Honda not getting past 10 knots at full throttle. I tried tracing all fuel related issues from tank to motor even trying a new fuel tank to ensure all was clean. I checked fuel filter and fuel lines to the fuel pump and all was clean. I called...
  5. Da Bay Bye

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Back out to Kitty hump Thursday. No bait around and no keepers. Humpbacks were hanging around the east side of the hump playing on the surface. Turned into a beauty day on the water.
  6. Da Bay Bye

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Got out to Kitty Coleman hump on Monday afternoon. Slow going to start but it picked up around 4 PM. Managed to get a just over legal size followed by a 13lb and then a nice 17lb fat boy. Wind was slowly picking up around 6 PM. Fished deep using an assortment of plugs. Lots of boats out there.
  7. Da Bay Bye

Fishing with plugs

Run your plug on a downrigger, no flasher required. Run about 2.5 to 3 knots for speed and follow the bait. When you get hooked up, you are fighting the fish directly with no weight of diver or flasher.
  8. Da Bay Bye

Fished near the bottom using an old Tomic plug I have.
  9. Da Bay Bye

Got out for the first day of Chinook retention and was rewarded with a keeper within ten minutes. Fished near Kitty Coleman.
  10. Da Bay Bye

Fuel gauge not working - whats up?

Mine stopped a few weeks ago. Was working just fine. Put the boat on the trailer to go fish elsewhere. Upon putting the boat back in the water, the gauge stayed on empty. Turns out that the gauge needle actually broke off at the base. Replaced gauge and all turned out just fine. Sometimes things...
  11. Da Bay Bye

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Come to think of it, I did not see others catching. But I really did not pay attention. We were well scattered around.
  12. Da Bay Bye

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Got out to the Hump yesterday and it was a beauty of a day on the water. Flat, sunny and warm. Lots of humpbacks around and they put on a show. There were about 8 other boats out there. The fishing was good for October, got two keepers and released some under size. Lots of bait on the finder...
  13. Da Bay Bye

Winter storage tips

I have done the same. I take all my stuff out and set up my framing then put the blue tarp over it and tie it down. Have never had a problem over the last 8 years.
  14. Da Bay Bye

Steering arm help

Problem has been solved. The idea of cutting out an inch or more of the link arm was a good idea. But.. I went to Parker Marine in Courtenay and they had a link arm that was 10.5 inches. Fit just fine. Now I have equal steering in both directions. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions...
  15. Da Bay Bye

Steering arm help

The sleeve travels in like it should and the helm turns smooth and easy and even the motor can be moved smoothly by hand. A slightly shorter link arm will reduce the port turn but also increase the starboard turn.
  16. Da Bay Bye

Steering arm help

Checked the bracket and flipping will not change the distance it travels. The pivot hole is centered in the bracket. I will be checking with local dealers in the next few days to see if they carry a shorter link arm. If not, then I will check into getting 1 inch removed and re-welded. Thanks...
  17. Da Bay Bye

Steering arm help

Looking for suggestions/help about a steering issue on my new to me boat. I can turn the motor about 40 degrees port with no issues but only about 15 degrees starboard. The linkage arm hits the side of the motor well. The link arm is 12 inches long. I tried to find a shorter Honda linkage but...
  18. Da Bay Bye

We tried the Pt Holmes/Lazo area yesterday. Nothing doing. Put the boat back on the trailer after 2 hrs and headed to Kitty. Picked up 2 nice size springs using plugs down deep south of the hump. A few boats out there.
  19. Da Bay Bye

Well if you don't succeed try again. Back to Kitty again today. Tried lots of different things but just got small ones. Even anchovy wasn't enough. Tomorrow we will try again.
Back