Search results

1. MRWood

Canucks 2023-2024 season

New Canucks season and new hope. Canucks 8-1 over the Oilers. Let’s get the parade planned 😊
  2. MRWood

Hydraulic steering stiffness 9.9 kicker

Just getting the boat ready for the summer. Noticed some big time stiffness trying to turn my kicker by hand. I have a hydraulic steering system (TR1). Could air in the system cause the difficult turning to be stiff? I started noticing something later last season when trolling on the TR1...
  3. MRWood

Ignition system electrical issue

I was having issues with my ignition system last summer. Motor is a 92 4.3L v6 Volvo penta. At times the motor would not turn over, no click just dead. It seemed to happen more often on cooler dewey mornings. I would have to mess with the wiring in and around the relay switch and then it...
  4. MRWood

Alaska storm brewing

Looks like quite the storm brewing up in Alaska. I hope the crab boats are all tied up tight in Dutch Harbour
  5. MRWood

Bamfield charter Aug 23 or 24

I have a work acquaintance from Lethbridge that will be camping with his family at Pachena Beach for a week late Aug. He asked me if I had any recommendations for a day or half day charter, half day more likely on Aug 23 or 24 (they head back home on the 25th). It will be for a father and 2...
  6. MRWood

Old Hourston 15’ garage find

I have a neighbour here in Nanoose that has a boat in their cottage garage that he wants to sell/get rid of. It appears to be a 14-15’ Hourston from late sixties early 70’s. Been sitting in the garage for decades now. Has no motor and a rudimentary trailer. I told him I didn’t think he’d...
  7. MRWood

Looking for lower unit for 1999 9.9 Yamaha kicker 25” leg

The lower section of my kicker leg has corroded through. Anyone have a spare that I could purchase.
  8. MRWood

Opinions on what my Seasport Skipper is worth

I know a lot of you guys are pretty good at pricing out boats. With the market being what it is I'm starting to think about selling my boat. Please let me know what you think it's worth. The boat is a 1992 Seasport Skipper 19 with a 4.3L V6, 190HP, 1420 hours, Volvo DP (duoprop) leg. A number...
  9. MRWood

Volvo duo prop (DP-C) leg milky oil

Changed leg oil this fall on my 92 volvo DP-C leg and noticed that it was a bit milky. I have not noticed any oil leaks from the leg. What do I need to do to figure out why my oil was milky.
  10. MRWood

Water in the oil

Just discovered that I have water in my oil. Motor was running rough and wouldn't get up on plane the last time out. I figured out that i had moisture feeding into my carb from the pcv hoses. Took off the valve covers and they were coated in white creamy gunk. I am suspecting that the water...
  11. MRWood

How do you know when it's time to change risers and manifolds

I have a Volvo Penta 4.3L v6 inboard motor. I'm suspecting it might be time to change the risers and manifolds. The last time they were replaced was Jan 2012. Last season and this season when draining the exhaust manifold there was plenty of metal scale that came out with the water. I had to...
  12. MRWood

Calkins trailer advice

I have a Calkins trailer that is needing some work on the roller assemblies and rollers. The trailer is used to haul my 19' Seasport Skipper. It is one of these types of trailers that the inside frames pivot up and down as you load the boat. I have looked at replacing the roller assemblies...
  13. MRWood

Radar question JRC 1500 MKII

I have the JRC 1500 MKII on my boat. I was curious if you can update the display to one of the more modern versions or do you have to buy a whole new unit. Mine is working fine but I was thinking maybe the dome would send a signal to a new display unit, with the GPS overlays etc. I'm guessing...
  14. MRWood

volvo leg trim relay switch

I believe I need to replace the relay switch(s) for my leg trim pump (Volvo DP-C). Can I just use the auto parts relays or do I need to pay up for the Volvo price of $98 each.
  15. MRWood

WTB - volvo penta DP-C intermediate housing

I'm looking to buy a volvo penta DP-C intermediate housing. Leg is a 1992.
  16. MRWood

Seasport cabin floor project etc

"In the beginning".... it all started when I noticed that the floor in the entrance to the cuddy was sounding brittle and crackly. I knew there was water getting in under the floor and I suspected it was seeping in through the bulk head. I had an access port in the floor so I could see water...
  17. MRWood

Draining raw water cooling manifolds

When you drain the raw water cooling manifolds for winterizing do you guys leave the drain plugs out after draining the water. I was thinking it might be better keep them out to let it dry out inside. Does it really matter?
  18. MRWood

8 stud rims off F350 free

Is anyone interested in 4 eight stud rims. I used them as my winter rims on my old 95 Ford F350. They are just laying around taking up space so if anyone has a use for them let me know.
  19. MRWood

Insta Trim trim tab hydraulic hose

Does anyone know where to get (locally, Nanaimo/Parksville) hydraulic hose for Insta Trim Boat Leveler Co trim tabs. Had my hose crack and tab stopped working.
  20. MRWood

3 rods for sale

The cleanout continues. I have the following 3 rods for sale. I have a tendency to pick up items as impulse buys and then some don't get used as they should. The first two are 7' graphite one piece rods. One has been used lightly for buzzbombing and the other is unused. One is a med action...
Back