Search results

1. Vanisle

Comox Saltwater Shootout

https://www.picatic.com/sws
  2. Vanisle

LEH Results Are Out

After 27 unsuccessful years, I finally drew a Bull Elk in the Sayward area. Still in shock, but so pumped :)
  3. Vanisle

2018 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished Kitty on Saturday 6th. Didn't get away as early as we wanted, so arrived around 10:30, about an hour after the tide change. Weather was actually pretty amazing, with flat seas, and the sun trying to poke through the clouds. We fished 3 rods for almost 5 hours ,trying a variety of...
  4. Vanisle

2017 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished Bates\Kitty Saturday from around 10 until 6. Huge amounts of bait. Not much action until the bite turned on at 2:30 until 4:00. During that time we got 2 around 10 lbs plus a 18 lb, as well as 2 pinks and several under size. Then just like someone flipped a switch, the bite was over...
  5. Vanisle

2017 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished Bates/Kitty Coleman yesterday after a long rough ride out of Comox. Didn't take long to get into fish. First fish felt like a good one, but it spit the hook after several head shakes. This was followed by several undersize fish. We then had a double header, with both fish popping off...
  6. Vanisle

Campbell River

Fished for a couple hours today. There are a number of fish in the river now, but certainly not any where near the numbers when the run peaks. Only about 20 - 30 people fishing and only saw 3 fish landed. First time for me being shut out, with only a couple of hits with no hookups. Very...
  7. Vanisle

Massive Blue Marlin Caught

Electric reels are not just for lazy people. Many are used by people with disabilities.
  8. Vanisle

2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished the south end of Kitty hump today from around 12 - 4. Had a fish in the first 10 seconds and another in 5 minutes. The bite was crazy hot for about 2 hours as we could here whooping coming from many boats in that time. We finished with 3 springs , a 9, 14, and 19 and 2 fat pinks. We...
  9. Vanisle

Prince Rupert Area Fishing Charters

Terry at http://www.terryscharters.com/ Over 30 years experience in both commercial & recreational in that area.
  10. Vanisle

Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

Got out for the tide change this morning. Lots of bait showing. Managed one barely legal spring and then picked up this beauty while doing a turn and bouncing the ball on the bottom. 2nd one this year at Kitty. Things slowed down then so we tried the green can with no luck, and then ran all...
  11. Vanisle

Campbell River Reports 2014

We fished nearly all depths. Flasher and spoon on one side, plug on the other. Most of the undersize springs and coho were caught around 50 - 60 feet. We were getting ready to leave and trolled our way south of the green can where the depth was 135' At that point, we dropped the gear to...
  12. Vanisle

Fished for a couple hours this morning and managed an 18 and a 10 lb. Both on green coyote spoons at 180' in 300' of water. Tremendous amount of bait showing and a lot of undersize springs. We then zipped over to CR green can and my buddy scratched up a 30 lb on a plug at 130'.
  13. Vanisle

Campbell River Reports 2014

Fished the green can this afternoon. Lots of undersize and smaller wild coho. Just as we were about to leave, my buddy got a 30 lb on a plug. We fished Kitty earlier in the day and I got a 10 and a 18 on a spoon at 180'
  14. Vanisle

50 HP Yamaha Tach problem

Check the rectifier. I have an older Merc that did the very same thing. Mine was about $40 and took about 5 minutes to change.
  15. Vanisle

Norwegain fisherman finds ***** in cod he just caught.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/12/fisherman-finds-large-red-*****-in-cod-he-has-just-caught-4697054/?_nospa=true Someone must have a clever caption for this one.....lol
  16. Vanisle

Dogs and Water and Too Bad Such a Short Mix Together

She looks like she was the happiest dog on earth, and she certainly was a stunner. Condolences.
  17. Vanisle

Northislander.....we were one of the boats that went past you this morning. Fished Kitty for a few hours and managed to pick up 2 that were barely legal just as the wind started to pick up. We should have pulled the pin at that point, but decided to drop the gear again. Mistake......the run...
  18. Vanisle

We fished Kitty on Sunday from about 11:00 until 4:00 with nothing to show, but a couple of missed strikes. With flat seas and hot sun, it was a good day regardless. Just as we were getting ready to call it a day, the port side rigger popped off and the reel started singing. What a nice gift...
  19. Vanisle

rubber window seals

Try any glass shop. I did both boat and RV windows and my local glass shop had what I needed.
  20. Vanisle

VHF Repair Shop

Receiving but not transmitting ? Check you mic first.
Back