Search results

1. Jencourt

New seats on the to do list

Hi everyone: Has been a minute since I logged in on here last. As the title says, I am looking at replacing my pedestal helm seats. Lots to choose from after doing a couple google searches. Thought I would try here for suggestions on a decent seat that will not break the bank. Any...
  2. Jencourt

Smoked salmon shipping?

Just finished a batch of Nog’s smoked salmon gummy recipe. Got it vacuum sealed and was wanting to express mail a sample from Comox to Burnaby. Will it be ok for three days sealed but not refrigerated? Thanks:
  3. Jencourt

Reel West Coast

Just watched today’s episode. Fishing entrance island in Nanaimo. I think Brendan and Jason did a good job of getting the public fishery and the MSF message out . Kudos to them for doing so .
  4. Jencourt

How big is it anyway?

Quick one here. How many amp inline fuse do you have/ recommend for main power coming from house power to bus/ fuse box? Mine cooked and I can not read it. Thanks:Ray
  5. Jencourt

Where am I?

Weather is gross and most of us are at home looking for fish/ boat pics. Thought this might be fun . I will post 3 pictures. Let’s see who knows where I was.(might be easy for a few of you. ) After giving your answer Feel free to post a pic and we can keep it going.
  6. Jencourt

Can't hold my poop

Looking for knowledge and suggestions on the following please. Any ideas appreciated. have a Trophy 2002. It has a jabsco head ,but only plumbed to dirrect flush into water. For that reason it only ever gets use if one of the girls needs to tinkle . (couple times a year and tp goes in garbage...
  7. Jencourt

Trailer Bunk Slides

Hi folks: Looking for some thoughts and experience on what type/brand of bunk slides to purchase, as well as where to get them. I am in Comox Valley. Thanks: Ray
  8. Jencourt

Seaqualizer fail

So how is your seaqualizer after a season or so? I have one that I used last season and had to use it last night only to find it does not pop open anymore. All the mechanics of it work smooth and are not corroded or sticky. Tried every depth setting and it will not pop open. Ended up dragging a...
  9. Jencourt

Wiper blades.

Where are you getting them? Is it a marine thing? Mine do not look like any car ones I have seen as of late. Thanks
  10. Jencourt

Hey Kelowna!

Is this for real?? I know they stocked trout in there a bunch of years back. This is unreal to me only having the days of perch and bass to remember . https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/305597/West-Kelowna-man-pulls-massive-rainbow-trout-from-lake#.XxRiQba_MTM.facebook
  11. Jencourt

What’s that smell?

So if ya just gotta get a little stink on it to make it feel good, what is your pleasure ? I am a fan of X-10 for spoons and plugs, and Halli things. I find it stains rubber. Don’t fish rubber much at all so not a huge issue for me.
  12. Jencourt

Transporting a slot sized chinook

Quick question. Now that we are in the slot of 62-80 cm. Do we now have to leave head on to prove it is under 80cm. Used to be able to filet leaving tail on if it will exceed the minimum. Now what is acceptable.
  13. Jencourt

Hmmmmmm?

Not sure about others but my price went up this year. Same money got me 37.5 % less prawns per trip. Sure glad I could save a bunch for them. Not good for them. One more hit for a fishing industry . Sad times for almost everyone. https://fisherynation.com/archives/92825
  14. Jencourt

Valuing boat for insurance

Hoping to get some thoughts on this from you all. My insurer wants me to check the value of my rig this year. No survey required. I am having a struggle doing so. What should I value it at if I had a total loss?? As insurer described to me this is an "agreed upon value " policy. Boat is 1996...
  15. Jencourt

Commercial Prawn opening??

Either I am blind or searching the wrong part of DFO site. What is the opening date for commercial prawn fishery? A co-worker said he heard it was going to be delayed this year. Is this true? Thanks in advance. Ray
  16. Jencourt

Crack in isonglass

Hi folks; I have a 8 inch crack in my front piece of isonglass, on my top. Looking for advice on what to patch /hold it together with until I can get it done? Thanks
  17. Jencourt

Long weekend Hog Time

Long weekend is here. Back to no max size limit, so choice to keep or release is back in our hands. Weather looks good and I have a free pass for all three days. This is all good news!!!!!!! Time to seek out a bait and fish infested quiet piece of water, relax, and do what we love!! Enjoy...
  18. Jencourt

Someone got a response

ran across this a few minutes ago. Can’t copy it, so had to post FB link https://m.facebook.com/groups/122351524580745?view=permalink&id=1446906485458569&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_highlights
  19. Jencourt

ISO working transducer

Hi folks. Call out to Comox valley fishers for a favour. Does anyone in the valley have a working transducer with lowrance plug (blue) that I could borrow to test my head unit. I have a airmar p66 now and not sure if my troubles are head unit or transducer? Thanks: Ray
  20. Jencourt

Lowrance issues

Hi folks: Looking for some knowledge about an issue. I have a lowrance LCX27c With a Airmar p66. Part way through the day we pulled up and ran to a new location. Sounded stoped tracking bottom. Yellow screen and 1.1feet showing. After a restart, unplug. and check of transducer to see if...
Back