Search results

1. D

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I have not been out yet, but in close out front of Cates Park is your best bet. They will be on the move though so keep your eyes peeled.
  2. D

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

More and more coon stripe prawns these days. I went almost 1:1 with spot prawns last time I was out. Plus 3 octopuses, which I assume were snacking on the prawns. Maybe they prefer spot prawns too :P
  3. D

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was trying to get out to the hump this morning but gave up halfway due to the winds and the fact that i was on my own, forgot my phone at home and the gps wasn’t working. Trolled back to QA, BB and then the mile markers. Lost one pin-popper between QA and B.B. 63’, 4.0 flaming Hans, green...
  4. D

Prawn bait pellets? brand?

I do a bit of both. One bait jar with Carlisle / London Drugs cat food to lure them in. One with commercial pellets soaked in Ace of Baits to keep them there. Soaking might be just an hour or two, or if I plan ahead then the day ahead. I normally leave my traps overnight to increase my...
  5. D

Catch n release

My 2c: - I don’t think those that keep one spot open on their license are taking a more ethical position than those with no spots. Yes you can keep a bleeder but what about all the other fish you do release that may not survive. This seems to me like a loophole to justify C&R. This...
  6. D

Illegal to retain berried prawns.

Non-issue for me. How many berried prawns are people catching? I had 40-50 prawns last weekend and I threw maybe 4 or 5 back with eggs. I'll come back and get them next week.
  7. D

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Cap from 8-noon. Had one chinook around 10:30 out front of the pink apartments in 70' at 40' on an anchovie with no flasher. Lost it in the downrigger while grabbing the net (fishing solo).
  8. D

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was leaving ~30 feet out on the top rod because I was trolling fairly shallow and I didn't want the gear right under the boat. I also hate getting tangles when stacking. Leaving a bit more between the clip and the flasher on the top rod seems to prevent the...
  9. D

Fished Ambelside to Point Atkinson on Sat. I was there at 5:30 am and was by myself for the first hour or so. Had one pin-popper early by Ambelside but it was gone right away. Saw some action around 10:30 am right out front of the pink apartments. Was texting the wife telling her it was...
  10. D

I've been watching in Indian Arm and no action so far. The seals seem to be thrashing around a bit more in the last few weeks, so I'm guessing there are some fish around. Haven't seen any pinks jumping yet though. I'm going to bet on everything being a few weeks late. Remember how miserable...
  11. D

Thanks for the all the replies. I did get out and made one pass from Ambelside to Fisheries. No sign of any coho (nothing on the sounder, no jumpers, no nothing :)) Then took a rip over to the Bell Buoy and targeted chinook for an hour or so. Lots bait and a few marks on the sounder back...
  12. D

Any sign of coho off west van yet? I have company in town this week and was hoping to take them out Sat.
  13. D

OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished Cap from 7:30 am to noon. Caught one chrome Chinook in the first 15 min on an anchovy and that was it. Saw a few fish caught, but not a lot. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. D

OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Mr. Whale was up Indian Arm today. Orlomah in the am and Deep Cove in the pm. Hopefully making his way back out to English Bay tonight.
  15. D

Identifying Salmon Species

I printed off a copy of this and had it laminated at the local office supply store. http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/pac_salmon_id.pdf
  16. D

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

T10 to Sandheads today with anchovies and hearing from 8am-12pm. Was running late, so didn't spend much time around Sandheads. No bites and didn't see any other fish caught (but there weren't many people out).
  17. D

Fished QA, BB and the North Arm on Sunday am. Had QA all to ourselves on the slack tide - perhaps that should have been a sign. Marked fish at all three locations, but no luck with herring or spoons.
  18. D

Jericho Pier?

Thanks guys! So I'm guessing I'll be ok to pick him up at 5:30 am, and then he can swim for it when I drop him off in the afternoon. Cheers!
  19. D

Jericho Pier?

Does anyone know if it's possible to pick-up and drop-off passengers at Jericho Pier in Vancouver? I know there is a dock, but can't remember if it is gated and I have no idea how shallow it is around there (charts are in the boat). Any advice?
  20. D

Still no updates from the Banana? Someone must be out there? Or everyone is and they are too busy fishing and cleaning to post reports?!
Back