Search results

1. F

Too much transom weight on Kingfisher Discovery 2025

I have 2425 Experience. A bit bigger boat than you are looking at but...... Transom is above water a few inches with a 200 Yamaha. Hulls are very efficient and provide a very smooth ride. Cuts through the chop with incredible performance. A thunderjet of the same size requires 25% more power...
  2. F

Osoyoos Lake

Haha. Sorry capt. Still out in china. May hit it next week for one or two trips if I can. Will call you. I have a line up of fishers wanting to go out. It is your turn. I hear it has extended to Sept. 2 and is up to 4 / day. Pm me your cell number so I got it handy.
  3. F

Last week in Telegraph

Awesome Ed. We at china creek right now with the family. First warm up day seen a few springs and cohos in the boat. Things are a bit spotty but heating up in Barkley Sound. Cheers FS.
  4. F

Osoyoos Lake

The boats were steadily increasing when we were pulling out. Seemed a bit more quiet early on than other mornings. Heading to China end of the week. Will put some more socks in the freezer till then. Getting a bit better size wise.
  5. F

Which new 120 hp 4 stroke to buy?

So what we're the suzuki's, merc's, etc like in that same era?...... 2002/2003? Are we comparing apples to apples? Much has changes in 10+ years for all manufacturers!
  6. F

Which new 120 hp 4 stroke to buy?

Yamaha. Very reliable. Very common. They are investing in there marine product for the future and will be around for a long time with a good dealer network.
  7. F

Oil Bath Bearing Cover Replacement on the long weekend?

This happen to me recently too. I am told they come off a bit more often than they should. When u find where to buy them, buy two so a spare is in the boat.
  8. F

Osoyoos Lake

On lake today. In the water by 5. Out by 7 am. Only two licenses in the boat. Fishn not to bad.
  9. F

Osoyoos Lake

Bait is not necessary. Pink hootchies. Short leaders. My experience is all colors of flashers are working for me. We consistently limited out very early on last year and working out the same so far this year. We had our limits of a dozen fish in the boat yesterday with many catch and non...
  10. F

Mars Water Bomber - Sign petition to ReInstate Bomber For 5 more Years Across BC

Thanks for that. As in much of our natural resources, the public lacks education and acts/ thinks on passion alone.
  11. F

Mars Water Bomber - Sign petition to ReInstate Bomber For 5 more Years Across BC

I too have spent much time fighting fire. Watched many bombers working. The Martin Mars are a spectacular airplane, on the water and in the air working. It is not a mountain machine. If you watch the news, you will notice lots of small aircraft..... Air tractors...
  12. F

Bamfield Poett Nook 2014- 2015

I noticed a lot of commercial activity around the government dock last week too as the gill net opening ramped up. Must be the sockeye activity causing this.
  13. F

I noticed a lot of commercial activity around the government dock last week too as the gill net opening ramped up. Must be the sockeye activity causing this.
  14. F

Forum members BOATS

Back to aluminum eh JAC! Looks like a nice boat. 22ft? You get that from Lex? 2014 has new design hull correct? Enjoy!
  15. F

Price of fuel in Bamfield ?

Yep. Stayed at Mackay Bay last week. Brian's fuel is $1.519.
  16. F

Thanks for the report FD. Will be hangin out around June 22 at the latest. FS.
  17. F

Thanks for the report FD. Will be hangin out around June 22 at the latest. FS.
  18. F

kingfisher vs hewescraft vs north river which would you reccomend?

As others have said. In addition to your research, take the boats you are interested in for good rips in variable water and compare handling and characteristics. Efficient hulls with great handling translate into comfort, stability, and savings at the gas pumps. The kingfishers do have a...
  19. F

28 foot boat

Was in a 2014 kingfisher 2825 yesterday. Gorgeous boat for a so called cookie cutter boat. Locally built in BC. Lifetime warranty on hull. Great ride. Go for a tour of the manufacturing facility in Vernon BC.
  20. F

Neat Wolf Pic

If humans are going to take from the prey, we must take from the predator to manage the balance. For some reason, some do not view us humanoids as a component of nature and the food chain. I for sure am part of this balance and will take from both sides whenever the opportunity arises within the...
Back