Search results

1. RevyFisher

Shout Out

Not sure if this is allowed and if not my apologies and admin please remove. I was in Sooke early August for our shortest trip there ever with a total of 7 days and with family days sightseeing left us only 4 days on the water. Day 1 as we approached Otter Point the motor alarm goes off. Stop...
  2. RevyFisher

Downrigger installation help

Finally replacing the Cannon downrigger with a Scotty but the Scotty base plate is slightly larger and it won't fit between the trim running down both sides of the gunnel on my 19' Smokercraft Ultima. I can place it equally over both trim but then have a small gap under the plate with all the...
  3. RevyFisher

WTB: New Scotty Downrigger

I'm tired of my Cannon's failing and trying to find a store that still has them available. I think I'd ideally like the 1101 or 1106 models. Steveston marine shows the best deal and I ordered online only to get an email saying they're sold out. Seems to be the case everywhere I order online and...
  4. RevyFisher

Kamloops Lake Chinook

Wondering if anyone has been hitting it since opening day and how the fishing is? Use to fish the Thompson River with lots of luck but never opened last year and doesn't look like it will this year so may have to consider trying to figure out how to catch them in the lake.
  5. RevyFisher

WANTED/BUY - Cannon Mag10 circuit board

Hoping someone has an old Cannon downrigger that they have for parts as my circuit board is shot on my Mag10 HS downrigger and I've just been notified that Cannon is no longer manufacturing this part. Looking for part#3394002 or any suggestions how I can fix it. I've checked Amazon and Ebay...
  6. RevyFisher

What to expect in Egmont?

Just booked a family vacation 1st week of August at Back Eddy Resort & Marina as waterfront cabins/places are getting hard to come buy right now and family wanted to visit the sunshine as we've never been. Bringing the boat for "sightseeing" and hoping there's some fishing, crabbing or prawning...
  7. RevyFisher

Thompson River Chinook Opening

I've tried to find answer's as to why this year DFO opened Kamloops Lake, South Thompson River, Shuswap River and Mabel Lake per usual BUT have kept the Thompson River closed? My thought is that those salmon swimming up the Thompson are the exact same salmon as they're catching in Kamloops lake...
  8. RevyFisher

Do I need to put anodes or anything on aluminum boat for saltwater trip?

I've searched on here and googled online but can't really find any details on if I need to do anything to my 19' Smokercraft aluminum boat as I plan on running it for two weeks on Vancouver Island. I see posts about anodes but I don't think there's any on my boat and if not do I have to add any...
  9. RevyFisher

Delta/Gibbs Rob Alcock video - Good on you

Great to see another voice trying to catch the attention of the impact the salmon closures will have on everyone and the salmon. Very well done and presented Rob.
  10. RevyFisher

Help with chart cards

Bought a used boat this Spring and heading to Sooke later this week. The guy kept the chip as it was from WA state and it only had the US maps on it. What's my best option/value for a chip with BC freshwater/saltwater maps for a Humminbird 1198C ? Also having troubles with the depth sounder...
  11. RevyFisher

To go Aluminum or Fiberglass?

I've currently got a 17' older bow rider rigged out for fishing but looking to upgrade to newer and slightly larger. Thought i wanted to go aluminum as i live in the interior and tired of anchoring off the beaches when camping or swimming. After speaking with others they say aluminum's are...
  12. RevyFisher

Ice Off in Golden Area

Can anyone tell me if the lakes above 1500m are ice free yet in the Golden area? Can't seem to find any tackle stores in Golden to call. Hoping with the early warm spring the lakes might be ice free now.
  13. RevyFisher

With rains any chance of more salmon openings?

I've been following the openings as they opened the North Thompson for early August then last week the South Thompson. With the cooler weather and lots of rain in the forecast anyone think there's a chance we may see some more openings shortly so we can get some salmon that aren't black boots...
  14. RevyFisher

Replacement racks for Totem Smoker?

Not sure Totem even exists anymore as i'm trying to find them online as i need to replace my racks as they've rusted out. Anyone know where to buy them or suggestions? The Big Chief racks are much bigger so they can't be cut down. Any great deals on a Big Chief?
  15. RevyFisher

Best Depth Sounder/GPS

I've gone through a pile of threads on this subject and seems Lowrance is the best bet for price vs quality. Sure lots of information and then there's so many models within a brand its getting confusing. I found a Lowrance HDS SX 83/200 on sale right now for half price at $324. Would it be a...
  16. RevyFisher

Thompson River Sockeye Opening

Does anyone recall what the timing has been in the past when they've opened the Thompson for sockeye? It's opening for springs and wondering if the sockeye opening on year's when it's opened align or whether it's later into September.
  17. RevyFisher

HOw do you buy multiple saltwater licenses for family members?

Hoping someone can help me as gov't is closed and tried a sport shop and they said there should be a register another license or something like that but i had already completed and paid for my license out of frustration. Anyone know how i can go into my account to buy my wife and kids their...
  18. RevyFisher

Do kids require tags for Shuswap lake?

I know kids don't require fishing licenses and it reads to me that they also don't need to purchase a tag to keep rainbow or lake trout from Shuswap. Can anyone confirm this for certain? There's no way to buy tags for freshwater fishing online as they don't issue licenses like they do for...
  19. RevyFisher

Sooke best timing for various species

Read through the various threads and looking for more specific info as last year I took the family to Port Renfrew but our boat was too small (at least to us) to run out to Swiftsure so we're interested in Sooke this year. We're from the southern interior so the chance to catch and eat fresh...
Back