Search results

1. Soup Knot Sea

Mexico Fishing Trips

Anyone know if you can rent boats in Mexico? Not a charter, no crew or captain… just rent a boat and head out on my own. Headed down to PV in a week. Would love to rent a boat for a day or two to explore, fish… is this a thing? Or am I just going to be a floating target for cheeky federales...
  2. Soup Knot Sea

2023 Sooke Reports

Early morning launch at Pedder, beautiful glassy conditions. Dropped a crab trap, hung a right past race rocks, and dropped the gear in around Whirl. Had the gear down for a few minutes, then a great hit, fight and a few minutes later a nice Chinook in the boat, 78cm. 6:30am. Nice. Could not...
  3. Soup Knot Sea

2023 Gulf Island Reports

Dropped the boat in at Tulista on Friday afternoon, slip reserved at NSM for the night. Another absolute treat of an evening. Popped over to the spit, and did one long pass with no action. Decided to keep trolling my way over to Coal, enjoying a cold beverage along the way. Coal had several...
  4. Soup Knot Sea

2023 Gulf Island Reports

Haha…. With so many different regs in the area it’s easy to miss. But ya, east side of the island is open for 1 slot sized Chinook right now. There was a group of boats there all weekend. There were some pinks around, and Chinook at times. I put in a lot of time with nothing but clearing salad...
  5. Soup Knot Sea

2023 Gulf Island Reports

Was not Chinook fishing in 18-6. East side of Moresby is 18-4
  6. Soup Knot Sea

2023 Gulf Island Reports

Beautiful afternoon at east side of Moresby to cap off an awesome long weekend on the water in area 18 and Sidney area. Chinooks showed up at Moresby, seemed most boats there got into fish. Put this 78cm 15lber in the box, and while cleaning things up after the fight, the otherside goes off...
  7. Soup Knot Sea

Kootenay Lake end of July

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it! I’ll be running downriggers, and have already confirmed I can pick up the rental boat at the crack of dawn. Will definitely report back. Pretty stoked to give it a go! SNS
  8. Soup Knot Sea

Awesome intel. Thanks KB! Appreciate it
  9. Soup Knot Sea

Well my wife finally managed to pry me away from the coast for a BC camping summer road trip. I’m hoping some of you freshwater guys can help out this salty guy. We’ll be making multi-day stops at Clearwater Lake, Upper Arrow Lake and Kootenay Lake…. Clearwater and Upper Arrow I’ll just be...
  10. Soup Knot Sea

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Critter’s credit/debit machine is good to go. Gas price stays consistent with gold River prices as much as possible
  11. Soup Knot Sea

Thanks…. They were having some issues and were cash only within the last couple weeks. And agreed, the fuel bills will be hefty this year. We’re just planning out last few things for our upcoming trip. I’ll report back once we get ahold of critter, haven’t been able to over the last couple days...
  12. Soup Knot Sea

Anyone have current (ish) info on the gas price at Critter, and if their credit/debit system is working? Or still cash only? Thanks!
  13. Soup Knot Sea

Lets see your best Friend

My boy Coop! Best dog in the world, in my books anyways. First pic as a pup, last pic on his 13th birthday a couple months ago. He’s had his share of adventures, and has been an absolute champ along the way.
  14. Soup Knot Sea

Thief! Metchosin / Sooke area

Honda 8hp serial number: BACL-1700028
  15. Soup Knot Sea

Thief! Metchosin / Sooke area

Well this is an all too common theme these days, but can everyone please be on the lookout for a couple motors stolen this weekend. They were stolen sometime this past weekend, from my buddies place in Metchosin. His late 90’s 20hp Yamaha 2 stroke, and his brother’s 8hp Honda 4 stroke kicker...
  16. Soup Knot Sea

Two Lowrance, one transducer

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up…. Good thing everything else boat related is so reasonably priced. ‍
  17. Soup Knot Sea

Two Lowrance, one transducer

Hey team, can anyone advise if I can connect two lowrance units together? I have a LCX-37 at the front of the boat, and I’d like to add a LCX-25 to the rear of the boat. Neither unit will be used with gps, both just used as depth sounder / fish finder. I have an Aimar p66 transducer, if it...
  18. Soup Knot Sea

Bait tables - let's see some pictures please

I used a Scotty 12” riser. Really happy with it, it’s very sturdy and at the perfect height. It all disassembles and stores nicely in the in-floor fish hold compartment, and you’re just left with the half inch square mounting plate
  19. Soup Knot Sea

2000lb-ish boat packages

When we were shopping for a vehicle for my wife, I wanted an SUV that could be used to tow a boat if needed. After lots of research and looking at lots of new vehicles, we ended up buying a 5 year old VW Touareg. That was 4 years ago, and I couldn’t be happier with the choice. It has been an...
Back