Search results

1. blazin_jason

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Coho had lots of tiny fish in their bellies, 2-3" in length. Chinooks were mostly empty. That said we caught quite a few coho and springs (biggest 22lbs) all with a ghost Flash fly. Tried to avoid the coho but they were everywhere from 115-50 on the DR, ~100' water. Like Robert mentioned...
  2. blazin_jason

2021 Nanaimo Reports

Was out by entrance on Tuesday evening, was really nice out, borderline too hot for me. We got a few smalls, and had about 4 or 5 tiny ones dragging around we didn't notice. So great time on the water, but not so great fishing. However, we were also out the previous Friday. It was a bit...
  3. blazin_jason

Lumber Prices

Similar story for my employer. Glass company upped prices with only 2 weeks heads up. Then a couple weeks later had no more glass available, supplier issues to them. Aluminum supply has been troublesome as well, but no glass for railings for who knows how long, really sucks with the...
  4. blazin_jason

What kind of aluminum do you guys use for fabrication of helms and boxes and such.

Aluminum can be cut much like wood. Chop saws, table saws, circular, jig etc. Doesn't sound like you need too much material. See if any local welding shops have some around to sell.
  5. blazin_jason

2019 Nanaimo Reports

Was out at the same time. 2 coho released to see another day. Was pretty slow fishing this evening, but was still highly enjoyable.
  6. blazin_jason

Min kota 55lb and deep cycle battery

Can you please send pics to my username @hotmail.com Thanks
  7. blazin_jason

PAL/CFSC insights

Did silvervore in October for both restricted and non. Did no pre reading or studying, although one student had and she knew most the answers prior to us being taught. The tests are pretty simple, but yes they do try to trick you.
  8. blazin_jason

Min kota 55lb and deep cycle battery

What model is the motor?
  9. blazin_jason

Boat Crash near Parksville

^ Little Valley
  10. blazin_jason

Flasher Holder

PNT on the Island only had the smaller ones, and said the larger ones were no longer available???
  11. blazin_jason

Flasher Holder

While searching for flasher storage ideas I came across this thread, and some readily available products. Unfortunately the paddle file storage system that I think is a great solution, I wasn't able to find locally. Thought about ordering a couple from the states, but decided too much $$ with...
  12. blazin_jason

My sons first boat.

I think you've taken all the right steps to repair/prevent the corrosion and any leaking, from what I've read as well. Coming along nicely!
  13. blazin_jason

My sons first boat.

I like these threads, and also despise them. Reminds me about the hull sitting turtle neglected in my driveway, one day! Anyways, looking great as mentioned. Hmmm, black?
  14. blazin_jason

Robbed again..

Had 1 (full) of 2 tanks taken from my boat in Cedar a couple years back. I was actually asleep on the couch and woke up for some reason, looked outside but didn't see anything, was obviously still asleep. Didn't realize until a few days later when I was in the boat and realized something was...
  15. blazin_jason

what batteries to get???

I've had good luck with Deka Intimidator AGM's in my vehicles, got a couple for my project boat. They won't be the cheapest option out there though, peace of mind is worth a few extra $$. I've bought them directly from the guy who delivers them around the island.
  16. blazin_jason

In search of FUGLY 2

Maybe try online wanted ads, used...., craigslist, kijiji, buy sell, etc. Might find what you seek, that isn't listed yet. Less chance of someone else getting to it before you ;)
  17. blazin_jason

In search of FUGLY 2

Link
  18. blazin_jason

In search of FUGLY 2

Do you have any wanted ads placed? I know for me it pretty well got me exactly what I was after, and it was never listed for sale.
  19. blazin_jason

Twin 2011 200HO Etec Outboards. $9000.00 obo

Good, because the more you dropped the price, the harder it was to resist. But I only need 1 anyways.
Back